Some Embarrassing Moments You Might Have Missed

As you are pursuing the internet in search of something to read today, I thought you might like to read these two stories that contain some really funny, but pretty sad moments I experienced as an obese person. I posted them several months ago, but since the blog is new, these are probably some posts that you who are newer readers missed.

These Chairs Aren’t Made For Sitting

These Chairs Aren’t Made For Sitting (Part 2)

I hope these situations never happen to you! I tried to handle all the embarrassing situations with grace and skill, but wasn’t always successful! Enjoy. Diane

10 thoughts on “Some Embarrassing Moments You Might Have Missed

1. Beca says:

I’ve been reading for a while, but had missed these two. This never happened to me, and after reading this, I’m glad it didn’t!!

• Diane says:

Beca – I’m glad it didn’t happen to you either! The rocking chair incident was the worst by far, especially since there were several people around! Thanks for writing – Diane

2. Sophie says:

I have had problems with chairs, especially those little tiny metal folding chairs – I hate those a lot. But I don’t want to ask for a different chair and draw attention to myself. Thanks for pointing me in the direction of these posts, because they were really funny!

• Diane says:

Sophie – I hated those metal folding chairs too – they are entirely too small aren’t they. I’m glad you liked the old posts. When I was writing them I laughed out loud, and my oldest daughter said, “What are you laughing at?” I said, “Oh, something that is funny now, but wasn’t funny back then!”

3. Abbie says:

These are really good. I looked over your main website, and am going to look over my pantry and figure out the fat percentage in foods. I’m sure it will be enlightning. I appreciate you sharing you struggles.

• Diane says:

Abbie – I hope you find that your pantry is full of good food – unlike mine which was full of junk. I still have some junk in my pantry, but it’s mostly for the kids, and I leave it alone! I appreciate you commenting and reading!

How embarassing! This reminds me of what my daughters and I saw yesterday at a 4th of July carnival. This poor young girl, maybe 13 or 14, who was very overweight had to get off of a ride because the safety bar wouldn’t close over her in the seat. My heart went out to her, especially when she was with a friend who could fit in the sit just fine. The kind friend got out of the ride to stay with her and look for something else to do.

I’ve had some embarrassing moments myself and I’m trying to use them to be memories that help me stay focused on losing weight.

Thank you for your honesty about such situations.

• Diane says:

Leah – That poor girl! I avoided any ride I wasn’t completely sure of when we visited amusement parks. Whenever I see an overweight young person it just breaks my heart, because I know the struggles they will face if they can’t bring it under control in a healthy way! Thank you for your honesty!

5. A Girl Running says:

I spent a day reading through your whole blog as I find it so inspiring and I look forward to each new entry.

the chair stories made me feel sad as although I have not broken or become stuck in chairs I have worried and sat uncomfortably in chairs that feel fragile under my weight.

Leah, I feel for that young girl too….so sad.

• Diane says:

I’m glad you are liking it! I like writing it too! I think chairs are tricky, because they come in so many sizes, just like people. I remember one time being at a relative’s house and all she had were antique chairs that looked way too delicate for my big self. She saw me standing against the wall, and very unobtrusively brought me a metal folding chair to sit in. Not so comfortable, but at least I didn’t break it! Thanks for the comment.