Inquiring Minds Want To Know

I’ve had more than a few people ask me more about myself. So, at the risk of boring quite a few of you here’s some things that you might find interesting – or not!

Things I Like:

♦ Books – Currently reading, The Gurnsey Literary and Potato Peel Society, by Shaffer & Barrows. I love to read and recently starting writing down all the books I have read in the past year.

♦ Kids – This is probably pretty obvious since I have seven of my own. I’d have eight, or even twenty, but at my age, it is unlikely we will be blessed with anymore.

Mother's Day

♦  Dogs – We have a great Sheltie named Tucker, who comes when he is called – unless he has something better to do.

Tucker

♦ Talk Radio – I’ll admit to being a conservative, so I enjoy listening to American Family Radio, but also listen to a lot of National Public Radio, for a well rounded viewpoint

♦ My husband – What can I say? I do like him, and am glad to be married to my best friend, even after 22 years.

With Hubby

♦ Music – Here’s a picture of my oldest daughter and I playing at her Senior Recital

Recital Day

♦ Not Being Fat – You knew I had to put that in here didn’t you? I do like being a healthy weight, and not shopping in Plus Size Departments.

♦ Cooking – I do enjoy cooking all kinds of food, and with a big family I’ve learned to make pretty cute birthday cakes!

Birthday Cake

What I Don’t Like:

♦ Bathing Suits – It’s summer, so it came into my mind first thing. I still hate wearing a bathing suit, and with my personality, probably would hate wearing one even if I hadn’t lost all the weight.

♦ Obnoxious People – I like a good debate as much as the next person, but people that argue without listening to the other side drive me crazy.

♦ Cold Weather – Ever since I lost weight the difference in how I perceive temperature is amazing. Whereas John and I both used to love  the house and car to be ice cold, now we battle over where the thermost should be set. He usually wins, because as he puts it, “You live in a fleece anyway!”

Racism, Inequality, Big Government – These are pretty self explanatory I think.

♦ Dirty Kitchens – Ever since I was hospitalized with Ecoli many years ago from eating a hamburger at a fast food chain, cleanliness during food prep is really important. It bothers me when I visit people and see them not taking proper precautions with meat and veggie prep.

♦ Big, Scary Dogs – I like dogs, but don’t like it when the big, huge, fericous dog comes bounding out of nowhere barking and baring its teeth!

♦ Excuses – Don’t give me excuses and pass them off as reasons. Most reasons we use for not getting something accomplished are actually excuses in disguise.

Well, if you’ve read to the end of this little exercise I commend you. Have no fear though, I already have a post about weight loss all lined up for next time. Take care, and let me know some of your likes and dislikes.   Diane

19 thoughts on “Inquiring Minds Want To Know

1. South Beach Steve says:

I like this post. Like you, I am a big talk radio fan. I will listen to NPR, but only if there isn’t a show I like on talk radio. 🙂 Thanks for sharing, it is good to get to know folks better.

• Diane says:

Steve – sometimes people look at me like I’m crazy when I tell them how much I enjoy listening to the radio. It’s good to know I’m not alone!

Very interesting! Thanks for sharing so much about yourself. 🙂 I love finding out about people, so I loved reading all of this. Your family looks wonderful and we’re pretty much on the same levels as far as likes/dislikes. 🙂

Have a great weekend!

p.s. Thanks for sharing books you read. I love to read (when I’m not doing crafts) and have been looking for some different books to try. Can’t wait to try one. 🙂

• Diane says:

Leah – I hope you have a good weekend too. I am part of a book club, and have enjoyed branching outside of my typical tastes!

LOVED this post & learning more about you! The family is wonderful!!!! That cake is so COOL! I can’t cook so… I used to like to bake but then I wanted to eat it! 🙂

I am not in the same spectrum as you, politically wise, but that never stopped me from being friends with anyone! 🙂 In fact, a lot of my good friends hold different views than I do.

As for dogs, your is cute & like you I like them but since I got attacked pretty badly last year (the day after my bday!) while doing my outside jog, well, I am careful!

Thx for giving us a slice of life in Diane’s home!

• Diane says:

I have enough people around to eat 90% of the sweets. Sometimes I will make a pie, and the whole thing is gone after dinner!

I was chased down by a Rottweiler one day, and it scared me to death. It really made me afraid to run outside my neighborhood! I’m glad you were okay after that attack – yikes!

5. The Crazy Woman Inside Me says:

I enjoyed this post. What a beautiful family you have! And how busy you must be with 7 kids!

I love books too, both reading them and writing them. I devour them faster than I devour any food. Like you, I’m mighty fond of my husband. 😉 He’s my best friend and greatest supporter along with my daughter. We just celebrated our 40th anniversary. I also enjoy cooking, especially wholesome, healthy foods. I find it therapeutic. Bathing suits? Sheesh, last time I put one on was 1989 when I was thin for 2 1/2 minutes. LOL

–Susan

• Diane says:

Thanks for the compliment. Yes, I am a bit busy with all the kids, but a good kind of busy. 40 years is impressive, especially in this day and age. By the way, I laughed outloud at your last sentence! Have a great weekend!

6. Felicia says:

WOWWWWWWW Love this post. Its always so fun learning about people. Your family is beautiful!! I have lots of reading to do here for sure but will have to come back lol cuz I am supposed to be sanding *shhhh don’t tell I snuck away to surf* lol Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. Was great to hear from you!

Have a simply wonderful day!
    *huggles*
    =0)

7. Debby says:

I enjoyed this a lot!

I love to read, love to cook, hate liars. Kids are OK as long as they’re someone elses! I’m on to grandkids now! Dogs, I can take them or leave them. We have a minature long haird weenie dog. She’s 10 years old and weighs 5 pounds and thinks she’s a cat. I’m allergic to cats so it’s a win win situation! Radio never, TV, as long as it’s the cooking channel I’m there. Hubby of 31 years so guess I kinda like him too.

Excuses…drive me up a wall! Take credit for what you do for goodness sakes!

OK, I’m done now! lol

• Diane says:

Debby – I like your list, especially the part about your dog who thinks she is a cat. How funny. I love the cooking channel too, but my favorite cooking show is Top Chef!

8. Tammy Ortagus says:

Hi Diane!! Awesome list…very cool. And my boyfriend and I are all over that talk radio thing, lol. We are both staunch conservatives…now I like you even MORE! 🙂 I think it’s really wonderful that you are so forthcoming your weight loss after ALL THESE YEARS of keeping it off. I’ve already wondered what I’m going to do about my “weight loss” blog after the weight is gone! Maybe a maintaining blog like yours?? We shall see!