Is This The Biggest Watermelon Ever?

We headed to go to some garage sales this morning, and after exhausting our allotted cash, the girls and I went to the Farmer’s Market.

While there, we got:

•  zucchini
  • green, orange and yellow pepper
  • banana peppers
  • purple hull peas
  • green beans
  • tomatoes
  • squash

AND the biggest watermelon I’ve ever seen! We put it on the scale and it weighed:

huge watermelonsitting on watermelon

51 POUNDS! Yes, you read that right! 51 POUNDS! Cost? $5.00. For the nine of us, that’s a good deal!

I can’t wait to open it up. I may have to get a bigger knife. . .

Just to keep on task. . . If you have 50 pounds to lose, that’s what it looks like. And if you have lost 50 pounds, that’s what it felt like to carry it around!

I hope you have a great day!!  Diane

53 thoughts on “Is This The Biggest Watermelon Ever?

1. Cammy@TippyToeDiet says:

OH my goodness, I lost TWO of those? I’m having difficulty getting my mind around that. I can’t even contemplate the three you lost. 🙂

I’m thinking you may need a chainsaw for that thing.

Now, I’m off to have some of my single watermelon wedge–one pound, max. 🙂
    .-= Cammy@TippyToeDiet´s last blog ..Weekly Wrap-up =-.

• Diane says:

@Cammy – I may have to break out the chainsaw! We can’t wait to open it up! Congratulations on your amazing loss!

@Robin – You are too funny!

@Hanlie – Congratulations on 50 pounds lost. You should be really proud!

2. Michelle says:

Holy smokes! That’s a BIG one! I had a watermelon the other week and we made watermelon lemonade – it was delicious!

My 6yo weighs 50 pounds so some nights if I have to carry her asleep to her bed, I think about how much I have lost and used to carry on my frame 🙂

Happy Saturday!
    .-= Michelle´s last blog ..“Unwritten” by Natasha Bedingfield =-.

3. Chubby Stubby Kay says:

Wow!! That is indeed the biggest watermelon I have ever seen!

Four pounds away from losing that watermelon…It’s incredible to think that is what I have been carrying around all this time.

Hope you and the family enjoy the watermelon 🙂
    .-= Chubby Stubby Kay´s last blog ..Sixty Days… =-.

• Diane says:

@Michelle – I often think the same thing!

@Lori – You are very welcome. I hope your weekend goes wonderfully!

@Chubby Stubby Kay – Wow, that is just incredible. Congratulations!

4. South Beach Steve says:

Wow – that is one big watermelon. To think I was packing nearly 1.5x that around all the time. That makes me exhausted. It looks like you came back with some good treats from the farmer’s market.

Make it a great day!
    .-= South Beach Steve´s last blog ..Morning Surprise =-.

• Diane says:

@Lori – I know! When the man told me $5.00 I said, “For that?” We also got a “smaller” 32 pound watermelon for $2.50! That one had yellow insides! Delicious.

@Keeven – I hope you do start telling people that! They won’t know what in the world you are talking about!:)

@Steve – That makes me tired for both you and me!

• Diane says:

@Susan – I didn’t pick it up because I was afraid to! The man loaded it in, and then my son took it inside!

@Mary – We can’t wait to eat it!

@Leah – You will be 50 pounds lighter before you know it!

@Kate – You can do it! Don’t be afraid, just stay strong!

• Diane says:

@Lance – Thanks! Sometimes when I look at my teenagers, and can’t believe how tall they are, I realize I lost more than they weigh!

@Amy – 3/4 is still a good amount, but you have already done such a great job!

@Shelly – I may need an axe! It is big!

5. Kat says:

Wow! That is the biggest watermelon I have ever seen. What a deal. Diane, I have a whole new way of looking at my weight loss now…:-) One watermelon down, and two to go! Hope you are having a good weekend. I was so happy to see you on Twitter yesterday. Glad we are connected.

• Diane says:

@Kat – Glad to see you on Twitter too! Oh, you are a third of you way! Great job!

@karen – Watermelon is good to crave. Much better than M&M’s!

6. Michelle says:

I have lost 2 of those bad boys. I have 1/2 of one to go. I love that ‘I have 1/2 of watermelon to go’…humm.

Off to run a 12km race. WOO HOO! Would have never been able to do that with those two watermelons before.

~M

• Diane says:

@Crabby – Thanks! It really is neat to have a visual to go with the amount of weight people either have to lose, or have lost!!

@Michelle – Awesome! You are almost there. Have a great race.

@chocolateprn – This watermelon species is specially grown to be big, so it is supposed to be super sweet! I’ll let you guys know how it was!

@Debby – Thanks so much! How is your recipe collection today?

8. FLG says:

Dang. I’ve lost four of those, and am on my way to losing a fifth 😀

Are they still sweet if they’re that big? Like, does the sweetness get diluted?

• Diane says:

@Lisa – Can’t wait to cut into it!

@Ida – It is a great visual isn’t it? I was so excited to get it!

@FLG – I just visited your blog. AMAZING progress. Congratulations, you look like a different person!

• Diane says:

@vickie – Excellent job on the weight loss. I bet your posture has improved a ton!

@fittingbackin – Isn’t it wonderful!!

@Andrea – I love a good bargain. Loved your blog post today!

9. Lainie says:

Oh my gosh!!!! That watermelon is insane! I have honestly never seen one that big – what are you going to do with all of it? Where are you going to store it!? For $5.00, that is an incredible deal!
    .-= Lainie´s last blog ..On the Mend! =-.

• Diane says:

@Joanna – I know isn’t that crazy? And that wasn’t even the biggest one he had!

@Lainie – We are going to eat it all! After all we are a family of nine! I may make some watermelon slushies too!

10. Alan says:

I have mentioned to a friend that said, “I only lost a pound” to go to the supermarket and find a pound of greasy hamburg and walk around holding it for a while. Holding a watermelon like that makes the numbers cease to be numbers and be real.

You should have haggled them down to 4.95 unless it was a 75 pound one 😉

And remember that 50 pounds is the weight of lunch at Foolsfitness!-Alan
    .-= Alan´s last blog ..Heavyweight Champion Mad Mime =-.