Awards, Interviews, Answers

honest-scrap

A little while back, both Sarah and 266 did me the honor of awarding me the Honest Scrap Award. Thank you to both of you!  The rules of the award are that you must tell everyone 10 things about yourself that people may not already know, and then pass the award on to ten more people. As I’ve done in the past, I just have too many favorites to pick just ten! So if you’d like this award, please consider it given! Every single person who comments and reads my blog is special to me, and deserving of the award. But, I would like to share the 10 things if I may!

10. I’m extremely organized. Give me a task or a project, and before you turn around, I’ve got you and ten friends organized to get it done!

9.  I tend to get very focused on things. If I start a project then I have a really hard time stopping until it’s done. I mean a really hard time!!

8.  Occasionally I buy a cute skirt or purse like these, for myself without telling John. (Sorry honey!)

plaid skirt

7. When I graduated with my Finance degree, I really planned on moving to New York and working on Wall Street. Now I live in the middle of nowhere, and my only income is when I sell stuff on eBay!

6. When John and I first married I wasn’t really sure I wanted more than one child, if that. (Now we have seven in case some of you are new readers!)

5. I grew up in a military family, so we lived in some exotic places, like Puerto Rico and Italy.

4. I’m deathly afraid of bees. One time I thought a bee had landed on my hand, so I threw my hand up into the air to get rid of the imagined bee. Only too bad for me, because in my hand was my nice camera. The camera went flying and broke. The good part? I got a digital camera after that!

3. I’m also pretty afraid of dogs, especially big ones who chase me down when I run.

2. I’m a homebody. Given the choice I’d much rather stay at home then go out. It’s probably why I love homeschooling so much. I can spend lots of time with the kids, and I get to stay home while I do it!

1. I play the clarinet really well. I played all through high school and college. For a while I was a music major, and even when I switched to finance, still played in FSU’s band.

On another note, Sean Anderson, over at The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser, posted a poll on his site asking his great readers which blogger on his list he should interview next. I was so flattered when it turned out to be me. So last week Sean and I talked for about an hour on the phone and even though I didn’t know it, he recorded me. Just kidding – we had a great interview, and if you’d like to hear it please head over to his site and take a listen.

I hope that you have a wonderful Saturday! We are headed out to a little farm near here so my oldest three can play their instruments for a fall festival. Take care! Diane

28 thoughts on “Awards, Interviews, Answers

1. John, Diane's Husband says:

Sorry Sweetie, but the cute skirt and purse have to go back…just kidding! I love you and I am very proud of you.

2. Monica says:

I love the comments from your family! I’m afraid of bees too! Thanks for sharing all these fun things.

Today I’m going to shop for a smaller sized jeans. I think a 22 will fit now!

3. Bearfriend says:

Hi Diane. Amazing how differently life can turn out from how we planned it.

I never knew before that you were homeschooling 7 children – huge job!

I loved the interview. It was lovely to hear you talking.

Best wishes,
    Bearfriend xx
    .-= Bearfriend´s last blog ..Shame and Guilt =-.

4. Amos the Lion heart says:

Hi Diane. Did you know that you are absolutely beautiful, inside and out?? You are always a great encouragement and inspiration to me. I know i don’t comment enough on your blog.. but you are so faithful to me. Thank you. Heading over to Sean’s blog now.. can’t wait to hear your real voice.. altho I’ve imagined it before.. when you’re cheering me on. 🙂
    .-= Amos the Lion heart´s last blog ..WI report =-.

Congrats on your interview & award! SOOOOOO deserving!

I love your 10 things & I need your #’s 10 & 9. I was in the corporate world when I was younger & once I got out, I left the focus behind. I guess too many bad memories. I can’t get myself to focus on one thing.. well, except this dang blogging & then I get nothing else done! I wish I was more organized BUT I do tend to not be & have trouble with time management. Another throw back to having to have to do it too much back when!

Your day sounds wonderful! Hope you had fun!

PS: I was attacked last year by a dog while jogging.. the day after my bday so I understand the dog thing!
    .-= Jody – Fit at 51´s last blog ..Saturday Maxine Health Funny! =-.

6. Leslie Erickson says:

Hi Diane,

It was nice reading your ten things. I’m pretty new to your blog and didn’t know about your 7 kids and homeschooling. UH-mazing! I’m also a homebody, but I enjoyed the hours when my kids were at school! I’m going to go to listen to the interview. By the way, your before and after pictures are remarkable and so inspiring.
    .-= Leslie Erickson´s last blog ..An unexpected gift =-.

7. Jo says:

I just listened to your interview. It was fantastic. Sign me up for a copy of your book, please.

Listening to your interview gave me a great boost of confidence, because my mindset closely matches what you were saying.

Wonderful!

Congrats on your award. I’m a homebody, too. I always wanted and expected to have a house full of kids. God graced me with one fantastic son. It’s funny how things work out! =)
    .-= Jo´s last blog ..My Rebounder Arrived & a Cool NSV =-.

8. ~Carla~ says:

Loved reading more about you! 🙂 I’m a homebody too.. only with “just” 4 kids.. lol! Love that outfit on you!!! I’ll have to listen to the interview later on today, I can totally see why he chose you!! You’re an amazing inspiration!
    .-= ~Carla~´s last blog ..Are you kidding me!?!?! =-.

9. Tammy says:

Oh I love that outfit!! And I was supposed to be in NY dancing and acting….funny how things change, lol. I came over to tell you I listened to the interview this morning…loved it! Can’t wait til the book comes out!! I get to say I’m a “personal friend” of the amazing author. 🙂
    .-= Tammy´s last blog ..Soggy Saturday =-.