A little while back, both Sarah and 266 did me the honor of awarding me the Honest Scrap Award. Thank you to both of you! The rules of the award are that you must tell everyone 10 things about yourself that people may not already know, and then pass the award on to ten more people. As I’ve done in the past, I just have too many favorites to pick just ten! So if you’d like this award, please consider it given! Every single person who comments and reads my blog is special to me, and deserving of the award. But, I would like to share the 10 things if I may!
10. I’m extremely organized. Give me a task or a project, and before you turn around, I’ve got you and ten friends organized to get it done!
9. I tend to get very focused on things. If I start a project then I have a really hard time stopping until it’s done. I mean a really hard time!!
8. Occasionally I buy a cute skirt or purse like these, for myself without telling John. (Sorry honey!)
7. When I graduated with my Finance degree, I really planned on moving to New York and working on Wall Street. Now I live in the middle of nowhere, and my only income is when I sell stuff on eBay!
6. When John and I first married I wasn’t really sure I wanted more than one child, if that. (Now we have seven in case some of you are new readers!)
5. I grew up in a military family, so we lived in some exotic places, like Puerto Rico and Italy.
4. I’m deathly afraid of bees. One time I thought a bee had landed on my hand, so I threw my hand up into the air to get rid of the imagined bee. Only too bad for me, because in my hand was my nice camera. The camera went flying and broke. The good part? I got a digital camera after that!
3. I’m also pretty afraid of dogs, especially big ones who chase me down when I run.
2. I’m a homebody. Given the choice I’d much rather stay at home then go out. It’s probably why I love homeschooling so much. I can spend lots of time with the kids, and I get to stay home while I do it!
1. I play the clarinet really well. I played all through high school and college. For a while I was a music major, and even when I switched to finance, still played in FSU’s band.
On another note, Sean Anderson, over at The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser, posted a poll on his site asking his great readers which blogger on his list he should interview next. I was so flattered when it turned out to be me. So last week Sean and I talked for about an hour on the phone and even though I didn’t know it, he recorded me. Just kidding – we had a great interview, and if you’d like to hear it please head over to his site and take a listen.
I hope that you have a wonderful Saturday! We are headed out to a little farm near here so my oldest three can play their instruments for a fall festival. Take care! Diane