Thank You So Much!

Before I say my thank you’s, can I ask a favor? As of this post, four of my boys have the swine flu. My 2nd daughter isn’t feeling great. Please say a prayer for them and the rest of the family if you are a person of faith. Thanks, Diane

I love the blogging community!! All of you are so supportive and fun. Before I began blogging in late March I didn’t realize that awards were part of Blogland. How exciting and fun. Thank you for the following awards.

Gorgeous Blogger Award

The Gorgeous Blogger Award from Lola Fierce and Katie J asks that you reveal 6 things about yourself that most people wouldn’t know. That’s easy for me because I have many secrets – just kidding!

1.  One of my favorite past times is reading. I like all genres except romance and science fiction/fantasy. I’m currently reading Novel by James Michener.

2. Our large family wasn’t exactly planned, but rather our desire to have a lot of children unfolded as the years went on.

3. I secretly wish I lived at the beach. We are 100% land locked here and my fantasy is to have a house on the beach. Fantasy because never in a million years would we be able to afford a beach house!

4. I am afraid of flying. I fly when I must, but will drive pretty long distances to avoid getting on an airplane. I’m going to Dallas in a few weeks and am going to fly.

5. I still can’t have Oreo cookies in the house. I generally despise all commercially prepared cookies, but Oreos are a weakness of mine. So I may buy a package of Oreos once a year. They are the one cookie I just can’t seem to resist.

6. My Christian faith is very important to me. I don’t think I could have made it through all I’ve been through without my faith in God.

And now on to the next award!

Thanks!

Leah, Marcelleand Downsizing Doc bestowed the Over the Top award to me. The rules for this award involve answering the following question with just one word. This was hard as I tend to be a little bit wordy!

1. Where is your cell phone? Unknown
  30. When was the last time you laughed? A Minute Ago
  31. Last time you cried? Wednesday
  32. Your best friend? Evelyn
  33. One place that I go to over and over? Grocery
  34. One person who emails me regularly? John
  35. Favorite place to eat? Home

I know some of those had more than one word but I did my best! I hope you all have a fabulous weekend. Take care and stay strong!  Diane

44 thoughts on “Thank You So Much!

Wow, you have too much on your “plate!”
    I’m sure the kids will be fine, though any flu is a lousy experience.
    Good for you for flying! Get a window seat and enjoy the view.
    Take care, Diane!

Diane, with all going on with your kids, thank you so much for sharing all your thoughts & I loved reading it & feel like I know you even more now!!!!

I will be thinking good thoughts for you, the kids & the whole house. As my late Dad used to say: “I talk to HER every Wednesday”. Yes, our view of faith is a bit different than yours but it all comes down to people caring for one another, right? I will make sure I get to “talking” before Wednesday!

Hugs to you!

3. Barry Hughes says:

I don’t think anyone is afraid to fly. It’s how they land that is the scary part. I have several items that can’t enter the house: Ice cream bars, Christmas cookies – I’d eat them all in one setting if you let me.
    .-= Barry Hughes´s last blog ..284 Pound Photo Update =-.

4. m i c h e l l e says:

As you know, your family members who are sick are in my thoughts and prayers for speedy recoveries and for those who are healthy to remain so …

5. Melissa says:

Hi Diane,
    So sorry to hear about the kids being sick. We’ve managed to escape it so far here. Gosh I miss seeing you guys and have really enjoyed reading and sharing your blog with several of my friends. Are the kids still playing?

Blessings,

do you actually KNOW that is what they have (like were they tested)? And if that is what they have – I think it will benefit them in the long run to have their own immunities.

How high of temps are you getting? How hard is it to keep them hydrated? Better to have everyone get it at the same time than one a week from now until the holidays!!!
    .-= vickie´s last blog ..Last 20 lbs series – I have to be able to translate in my mind – is that maintenance action or weight loss action – ? =-.

• Diane says:

Yes Vickie they were tested. My first child came down with a high (103.8) fever Wednesday night into Thursday. So I took him to the dr. They did the flu swab and it was positive. The dr. said 99.3% of the positive flu swabs are Swine right now. He said since it’s a new strain it will be likely that we will all get it.

Next child got sick Friday, and then 3 more this morning.

Hydration hasn’t been too hard except for the one who also stomach problems with it at first. For him we worked diligently to keep him hydrated. He’s feeling better.

I understand what you are saying about the benefits of building up natural immunity. I’m inclined to agree. It is better now than at Christmas!

• vickie says:

Ironics of ironics – by late this afternoon I had one running a temp. And I am not sure what to think – it was over 100 (arm pit which reads lower than it actually is) but then it went right down to slightly sub normal (that reading was in mouth) with tylenol. Still sub normal tonight. Slight sore throat and slight aches and headache. I have not had a sick kid in several years (literally not even a cold at our house). So I can’t figure out if she is just rebounding quickly, or doesn’t actually have it, or if tomorrow it will hit with a vengence. Husband and middle child are in a race tomorrow – so hopefully they will both wake up OKAY.

Does the toddler have it yet? They are always so miserable (and crabby)

hopefully you are able to get some sleep yourself. Keep us all posted on how you are doing! I will be thinking of you.

• vickie says:

Still just the one sick and she is still at a normal temp today (Sunday morning). She has a BAD sore throat and general aches. I am pushing water BIG time in case she bottoms out later. Middle and husband are still okay and running their race. Hope you had a peaceful night – but suspect that might be too idealistic a hope with a whole house sick.
        .-= vickie´s last blog ..Dr Oz =-.

7. Jo says:

Your kids will be in my thoughts and prayers.

I never cared for Oreos, aren’t I lucky? But Chips Ahoy, that’s one reason I’m fat. lol

A beach house sounds lovely, especially if you have a retreat with all your blogging friends. 😉 Dreams are good, I dream of living in the country with no visible neighbors.
    .-= Jo´s last blog ..Not Enough Food? =-.

8. Cindy says:

Oreos were almost my downfall on my last trip to visit my son/wife in Chicago! I feel your pain! And I’m leaving for Chicago Tuesday…

I appreciate you so much, Diane.

Love & prayers for your family to be well soon and no complications from the flu.
    Cindy/Dayhiker at Spark

9. brenda says:

Your family are in my thougths and prayers Diane. I am debating getting the vac for my son who has a weaker immune system, but I think tomorrow I am calling our ped. dr. and getting him in. (my daughter refuses so I keep on her about washing the hands).
    Congrats on the awards! Your blog deserves them all 🙂
    Hope your family is feeling better soon!
    .-= brenda´s last blog ..Fingerprint Friday and weigh-in day =-.