In Case You Were Wondering. . .

Where the cotton in your clothes comes from?

cotton fields

It comes from fields right by my house. . .

If 2 year olds can read. . .

2 year old "reading"

They can’t!!

If pumpkin patches are always neat and clean. . .

Messy Pumpkin Patch

They aren’t.

If miracles happen. . .

sunrise

They do.  (Sometimes right outside your front door.)

When my life gets crazy I wonder if I can get through it. Can I nurse five sick children at once? Can I get everything accomplished on my to do list? Can I stay on track with healthy living? And just when I think it’s all too much I remember where I’ve been and how much I have to be thankful for. I leave you with this quote:

Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it.  ~William Arthur Ward

On this day, what are you thankful for and what miracles have you seen lately?  Diane

39 thoughts on “In Case You Were Wondering. . .

On this day I am thankful for my family, the home that we have, our health, the food we have to eat and the clothing on our back. Everything else is icing on the cake !

Miracles seen lately- I am a spiritual healer and I have seen more miracles in my work than I can count. Nothing is impossible when you get down to it, but perhaps it is just being approached in the wrong way.
    .-= Diane´s last blog ..Weigh in =-.

2. Lance says:

Hi Diane,
    I love the pictures, and really the image it paints for me – one very much of gratitude.

Today, I’m thankful for the health of my family, especially with everything going around our schools. And I’m thankful for the wonderful honeycrisp apples we just bought today – so delicious. And I’m thankful for autumn, and the colorful leaves now filling our yard…
    .-= Lance´s last blog ..A World Filled With Wonder =-.

• Diane says:

Lori – They are almost better. Only a lingering cough in a few of them. When we first moved here we weren’t sure what those crops were but as they turned white we realized it was cotton.

3. Josie says:

I remember those cotton fields when I lived in North Carolina…thank you so much for sharing that photo and evoking the good memories I had there! (which I am thankful for!)

Today I’m grateful for my family and plan to spend as much of the day with them as I can. Diane – I hope your kiddos are feeling better soon. You are one strong and committed woman…and I have a world of admiration for you!
    .-= Josie´s last blog ..Me and my silly fear of trying new food =-.

• Diane says:

@Josie – Thanks for asking about the kids. They are almost better! I hope you had a good weekend!

@Barry – Great things to be thankful for – especially for new opportunities! Happy almost birthday to your daughter!

Diane… as I said the other day… YOU ARE AMAZING!!!! I just loved the pics! Thank you! That cotton filed is wonderful.. never saw one!

I hope the kiddos are better soon AND you are able to find some Diane time…. maybe lock the bathroom door & stay longer than normal! 🙂 OR, you wonderful hubby may be willing to give you a bit of Diane time!

HUGS!

PS: I will be adding that quote to my 6 year old list of quotes & it may just end up on my “quote of the week” soon!

5. Marisa (Trim The Fat) says:

Beautiful pics! I really love that quote. I feel that I am thankful for so many things, but don’t know if I always express it. The top of my list – husband, healthy parents and children, not having to worry about where my next meal is coming from or how to pay the mortgage.

Praying your children are getting better, Diane!

• Diane says:

@Carla – I’m so glad for you that things have worked out!

@Jody – They are getting better. I’m going to Dallas for a Frito-Lay blogging event next week so that will be some “me” time. If I can just get over the flying thing I’ll be fine!

@Marisa – Thanks for the prayers – they are working. Glad things are going well for you Marisa.

6. Shelly says:

We used to live where they grow cotton! Now we live where they grow snow! 🙂 I too recognized a BOB book!! 🙂

• Diane says:

@Dr. J – thanks!

@vickie – Oh yes. We have all the BOB books! Sam sat. Mat sat. Sam sat on Mat. . .

@Shelly – I don’t think I’d like the snow as much as the cotton. But I guess I could get used to it!!

There are so many things I am thankful for. I am really grateful my kids haven’t been sick so far this year with the flu. I’m thankful my finances have been okay while others have struggled with layoffs.

Today I am also very thankful that I’m not sitting in misery eating and hating myself because I can’t control my weight.

The greatest miracle in my life is the relationship with Jesus that gives me strength when I am weak. I never get tired of being amazed that Jesus was willing to die for me and my sins.

Great post, Diane!
    .-= Leah´s last blog ..Progression Pics – 5 Months =-.

I am thankful for how amazingly that God has provided for us. I am so thankful for my daughters and husband, and the good health we all have.

Today, I am thankful for my husband and how hard he works. He is amazing!
    .-= Taryl´s last blog ..Life and maintenance =-.

• Diane says:

@Leah – I’m so glad that you have so much in your life to be thankful for.

@Taryl – Wonderful. Our families are so important to us aren’t they?

@zaababy – I’m glad I met you too! You are doing an amazing job and I wish you the best.

• Diane says:

@Eating Journey – That is a miracle. I’m glad you had a good experience.

@Joanna – Simple miracles are something I overlook sometimes. Thanks for the reminder.

@Pam – Of course I don’t mind – I just read it. Very wonderful post!

• Diane says:

I’m so glad that perhaps no one else will get it at your house. My dr. said a week is the longest he’s personally seen the incubation be, but I’ve read 10 days. We had a 4 day incubation. No more new illnesses since last Saturday morning!! Now we just have some really loud, lingering coughs. Thanks for asking!

• vickie says:

very glad that you are all on the mend and NO new patients. There HAVE been houses here where half the house had it and then 7 days later the other half the house had it. I think your house and mine are both past it.
        .-= vickie´s last blog ..Refrigerators on legs =-.

9. KiKi says:

Thanks for making pause a moment to think about what’s really important! I’m starting to get sick, been feeling it come on for the past two days. I have allowed it to throw me off course. But for right now I’m going to concentrate and focus on what I’m thankful for. My mom is in town right now visiting and she is an AMAZING example for healthy living! I’m thankful for my 7 wonderful kiddos and a hard-working husband. I’m thankful to still be alive and that I have at least one more chance to change my bad habits into good ones
    .-= KiKi´s last blog ..Checking In =-.

10. Sagan says:

I’ve actually wrapped presents before and then not given them. It’s pointless!

Beautiful photographs.

Today I’m really thankful for being warm. My apartment is always freezing, so I have to wear big sweaters indoors, but it really makes me appreciate the heating system when it does kick in. Too many people go cold in this world.
    .-= Sagan´s last blog ..POM Wonderful Blogger Harvest Tour Recap =-.

• Diane says:

@Kiki – I hope that you will be able to fight off the illness Kiki. How great your mom is there right now! Take care of yourself.

@Sagan – It is pointless isn’t it? I’m glad you are warm today, and thanks for the reminder about those less fortunate than us.

11. m i c h e l l e says:

So happy to hear your family is one their way to being completely healthy. You all have been on my mind a lot lately.

I am grateful every day for my family’s health, a roof over our heads and the simple act of being able to get out of bed every morning …