Gray Days & Awards

I still am having a hard time remembering that it is 2010! Every time I write a check I have to remind myself, “It’s 2010 Diane.” Eventually I’ll get it. Probably by June or so.

We are slogging through a lot of rain and honestly, I hate rain. I think I would like to live in Arizona or California where rain is a rarity, but then I might complain about that. Of course California is struggling with too much rain now though so that’s not good either!  I do still exercise in the rain, but it makes me annoyed.

With staying inside so much, the kids are kinda stir crazy. So there has been a lot of game playing, lego building and little batman boys in capes running around.

Playing Games On A Cold Morning

Can you tell I’m ready for spring? How about you – are you a winter lover?

On a brighter note – I got two awards recently that I wanted to acknowledge and say thanks for!!

The first is from Nicole, at PreventionRD. She has a wonderfully informative blog and I love reading her. Thanks Nicole!! Isn’t this a beautiful award?

cheerreading-1

The second is from Leah, whose blog New Ending is great. I so enjoy her positive, spiritual approach to her life and her weight loss.  Gina, Fit by 41 maybe 42 also gave me this award. Gina’s blog is wonderful and one time she had coffee spilling across her blog, thanks to her son.

Happy-101

In keeping with the award, I’m going to share 10 things that make me happy and then promise to do one today!

1. Spending time with my hubby – even if we are just shopping at Target we always have fun together.
  2. Watching my kids come downstairs every morning. The little boys in their PJ’s and messy hair, and the older three dressed for the day!
  3. Sunny, warm days.
  4. A good cup of coffee and a great book.
  5. A great pair of jeans. Love my jeans!
  6. Old people who still hold hands and grocery shop together. (So cute!)
  7. Pizza night with the kids. Okay, I don’t always watch the movie if I’ve seen it before, but I like making the pizza!
  8. Learning new things about my faith.
  9. Making a positive difference in other people’s lives.
  10. The beach. I so miss living in Florida!

I hope that you are doing thigs today that make you happy! No matter what your weight or where you are, being happy is a gift we give ourselves and those around us!  Diane

35 thoughts on “Gray Days & Awards

1. Fran says:

What’s happened? Am I really the first to respond? That’s new 🙂

I love all seasons, in Holland we have all 4 of them. My favourites are Spring and Autumn. I like summer but only when it’s not too hot.

We had some wet snow this evening: again grrrr. The one thing I absolutely don’t like is snow everything else I don’t mind.

Have a nice Saturday Diane.
    .-= Fran´s last blog ..A day in my life: Saturday January 23th 2010 =-.

2. Marcelle says:

I’m a summer person for sure, I feel alive in the summer…like winter i feel dull…and often a little depressed..but hey…that is something I’m working on…to be upbeat and positive no matter what the weather,after all its only weather and I have no control over it.

Love the family photo…it looks picture perfect…I cant remember my family sitting at the table playing together…everyone was all over the place.

Love the awards you got..
    I got 2 awards that I must also acknowledge still…so much else been going on..
    Sunday its a good time so will do tomorrow…
    .-= Marcelle´s last blog ..Grocery Shopping =-.

I sure am ready for spring, and believe it or not it is coming. The week I saw some early migrating birds back checking out old nests and the winter buds on the trees are starting to swell again. Take that 39 degree grey rainy winter day !
    .-= Diane´s last blog ..Weigh in =-.

4. Julia says:

Okay number 6 is my parents after 51 years of marriage – our friends back home always called them the love birds 🙂

Spring is my most favorite, I love seeing all the flowers starting to bloom and the new leaves start filling the trees.
    Autumn is second – love the stunning colours on the trees.

Have a great weekend 🙂
    .-= Julia´s last blog ..The end of the short weeks =-.

5. Gina Fit by 41 Maybe 42 says:

I adore seeing older couples still holding hands. My parents still do (although I wonder if they are just trying to keep from falling over…just kidding).

Cool checkerboard!

Arizona (valley) winters are very mild. Virginia winters are nice, some snow. Chicago winters are torture. Love Utah winters. Had a beautiful snow last night. The trees are white, but the streets are clear. Temp is great.
    .-= Gina Fit by 41 Maybe 42´s last blog ..Weekly Report and Bonus: Skating =-.

6. WaistingTime says:

I used to go through my checkbook each January and put the new year on the checks! Now DH just pays everything online.

I love a good book too – but not my jeans. I have said to myself through years of yo-yo-ing weight that if I stay skinny I am going to splurge on a fabulous pair:)
    .-= WaistingTime´s last blog ..Snack Attack =-.

7. Cynthia (It All Changes) says:

We had one of those rare beautiful days today. Tomorrow and monday are full of Rain. But I took advantage of my sun and went for a walk and shopping with Hunni because I love spending time with him like you do with your husband.

I love learning new things about my faith too. I’m more likely to read Christian Inspiration books than fiction.
    .-= Cynthia (It All Changes)´s last blog ..Here I Go Again… =-.

8. Sunny says:

I live in CA because I need sun. I don’t need warmth, per se, but I DO need sun. Today’s the first day of it, after 6 days of rain. Blech! Due back on Tuesday, too!

YOU, of all people, deserve every blog award that there is, my friend. 🙂
    .-= Sunny´s last blog ..I LOVE THE BLOG FAIRY! =-.

Great things to be happy about!!! We love games as well, but I understand about getting stir crazy …. and I only have three children. 😀

Have a great Sunday and thanks for your kind words about me.
    .-= Leah´s last blog ..Emotional Moment =-.

10. Rebecca Hoover says:

I love, love, love living in Tucson, AZ. It’s been raining here for all of 4 days and I’m done, ready for Spring. I love sunny days and I don’t think our summers are horrible (Phoenix is worse). I don’t even like swimming in the pool unless it’s 90 or above. My boyfriend is dying to move back East or to the Northwest-the Northwest!!!! I’m going to die, I’m sure of it. 🙂
    Seasons are overrated if you ask me.

11. Pam says:

Congrats on the awards – you are most deserving. I lover your happy list – it just radiates what a wonderful person you are!!
    I used to like winter and colder months, but since losing some of my insulation, I am really looking forward to summer again!!
    .-= Pam´s last blog ..Break Time Over! =-.

Great about those awards, Diane. you more than deserve them!

When I was a camp counselor, nothing seemed longer than when trying to keep my kids entertained during a rainy day 🙂

Yup, Diane, I hate the rain & it has been BAD here in southern CA this past week!! More expected this Monday night into Wednesday morn again! Although I do love the pic of you all together around the table!

Congrats on those awards.. greatly deserved!!!!!! Love your list! Maybe my hubby & I can be part of the old people that still hold hands! 🙂 And you do so make a difference in other people’s lives!

I was so lucky that the rain stopped for my outside jog today!

Have a great one!
    .-= Jody – Fit at 52´s last blog ..What I Do on Sunday =-.

14. Sandy says:

We have not seen the sun in more than 10 days here in Indiana. I hate winter and gray days. Today after church the sun was almost visible behind the clouds. My husband and I moved back here 25 years ago to be near family and I have never regretted anything as much in my life. Now we are stuck here until retirement and I have fears that I will never get back to a sunny climate. My advice to anyone who hates winter – do not move to that climate no matter what the other advantages are. I live with a light box to help relieve my SAD but it is never enough. Luckily my children all have chosen to go to college in more southern locations and will not be coming back to Indiana so I will not be trapped here by that.

15. Lara (Thinspired) says:

Hehe–yes, definitely a misconception that CA never gets rain! It’s fun to dream though 😉

I am not used to 2010 yet, either. I am not even sure how I prefer to say it! “Twenty-ten” or “Two thousand ten”? Not sure yet.

Hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend and the gray weather clears out soon!
    .-= Lara (Thinspired)´s last blog ..One-Pot Wonder =-.

16. Miz says:

okay
    Im late to this one (for reasons Id happily whine your way about…except you have six more than I do so I think I shall NOT :)) but Im so focused on the game picture I had to comment.

Im sure youve seen the myriad studies about game nights and family meals producing children who are just HEALTHIER.
    Happier.
    More crammed with selflove and selfesteem.

you ROCK as a mom.

Carla
    .-= Miz´s last blog ..Im going to DISNEY WORLD! =-.