Appointment With The Dr. (Oz)!!!!!

Under the Lights!

I still can’t believe that this is happening to me, but next week I am flying to New York City to be on the Dr. Oz show! The show will be taped on Wednesday and will air at a later time. I will definitely let you know when it will be shown!

After I do the taping I’ll fill you in on the behind the scenes of the taping experience. I’m sure it will be very interesting and exciting.

You know, there are a lot of talk shows out there but Dr. Oz’s show is my favorite. I like how he is very passionate about helping people fight obesity, heart disease, and other medical diseases. So I’m very excited to have the opportunity to meet him.

Throughout my years of maintenance I’ve done a lot of interviews and talks but they have always been on a local basis. So this is a wonderful blessing  for me. It’s also a little bit scary of course. But before I got too worried about it, I realized that a lot of the things in my life that have been challenging and hard have been the most rewarding.

Losing weight was hard but it ranks right up there with one of the most rewarding things I’ve ever done. Raising a large family isn’t always easy, but seeing all the children grow and mature is a blessing beyond words. And learning new things about myself is sometimes stressful but always teaches me about a part of myself I didn’t know was there.

So stepping outside my own local area may be a bit frightening but I know that the rewards and experiences are irreplaceable, and I wouldn’t miss them for the world.

Thank you for letting me share my exciting news with you. It was fun to tell my friends and family and I’ve been bursting at the seams to share the news with my blogging friends too!!  Diane

By the way – I’ve got a really, really fabulous giveaway on Monday. I get asked to do them all the time, but this one is one of the few I’ve been sold on!

97 thoughts on “Appointment With The Dr. (Oz)!!!!!

Oooh, what time does the show air? I LOVE Dr. Oz but always miss his talk show, however his Discovery specials are among my favorite. He is so down to earth and practical. I deeply appreciate how he isn’t condescending in his advice or concern. He just genuinely wants people to be healthy and happy (hmm, like a certain someone else we know! 😉

You will be a wonderful guest, I hope I can catch your spot!
    .-= Taryl´s last blog ..Get it in gear, Chick! =-.

2. Tina says:

I’m so excited for you! You totally deserve it. I was lucky enough to go to Oprah last year and he was on with Michael J. Fox. He’s such an amazing man. Good luck!!! Can’t wait to watch!
    .-= Tina´s last blog ..Weighing In =-.

OMG!!!! I love Dr. Oz!!! That is SO exciting!! I want to wish you good luck, but I know you don’t need it 😉 Can’t wait to see you and what you’ll be talking about!
    .-= Susan´s last blog ..Body Love =-.

4. thin100 says:

That is so exciting! You will be awesome, no doubt! I can’t wait to see you. You will be such an inspiration to the viewers. People will see what you did, and you will give them hope. You will change peoples lives.

5. thin100 says:

Diane, Thanks so much for your comment on my blog. I was wondering if any of your kids were born either after you lost the weight, or while you were losing weight. I am having a hard time walking away from the losing weight mentality and not completely wanting to stuff my face. Hopeing for some advice. 🙂
    .-= thin100´s last blog ..Time flies when you feel like crap! =-.

6. my kashi diet says:

Diane – so excited for you, really, you will be a great inspiration for so many viewers as you have been for me. What a tremendous opportunity! Only one question – when you tell us air time, i’d like to know channel too. I have never seen the Dr.Oz program, I hope we get it out here in the sticks!
    .-= my kashi diet´s last blog ..problems with internet and spouses =-.

7. katie says:

Congrats Diane I can not wait to watch your show! You are always so uplifting and motivational in your blogs, I guess it is only fair to share you with everyone else=)
    .-= katie´s last blog ..back on track. =-.

That’s GREAT, Diane!!

Tell Dr. Oz that he stole the name of my column for his in O Magazine!! I called his office at Columbia U. and got his email from his secretary to tell him that I was OK with it since he is doing good things, but he still should have answered me 🙁

9. Sarah says:

Oooh! So glad they picked you to be interviewed– All that maintenance!

Looking forward to meeting you in person I hope. I’m coming too, should be a very neat experience.