Gym In A Bag Winner & I’m Back!

Hi everyone! I’m so glad to be back in my own house. I did so love going to visit New York and participate in the taping of the Dr. Oz show. On Monday, when I have all my thoughts together I’m going to doing a whole post with pictures. It was a fascinating experience to see the behind the scenes of a talk show like that. I do know that the show is going to air on Tuesday, February 16th, so if you can, I hope you will watch! There were several other bloggers there. Between now and Monday I’m going to get their links together and try not to forget anybody that I met!

Here’s a quick picture of my friend and I at Times Square. Forgive the picture as I’m not very good at taking a picture of myself!

Times Square Before the Blizzard

I drew the winner of the great Gym In A Bag set, but before I tell you the winner I wanted to just clarify one thing that is different about these bands. What sets them apart from the other resistance bands out there is the patented cuff system. You can use regular bands and get a certain amount of benefit from them, but if you use the bands in conjunction with the Gym In A Bag cuffs, you can literally multiply that benefit by between 2 to 4 times for each exercise and that has been proven through testing.  I guess for me it comes down to this. If I’m going to work out, I want to get the most from each workout I can AND using the cuff system over gripping is a way I get more in the same amount of time, which I love.

Here’s an example of what I’m talking about. This is the fabulous Kim Lyons demonstrating a very simple exercise which I have been doing every day.

Here’s the start:

kim lyons start example

Here’s the finish:

kim lyons finish example

You can see that there is no grip so therefore more of the targeted muscles are being strengthened. It makes a lot of sense!

Now, onto the winner. The winner of the awesome Gym In A Bag system is Trish from I Am Succeeding!! Congratulations Trish. I will email you. Please email me back within 48 hours so I can get your name to Jerry at Gym In A Bag.

I hope you all have a great Saturday. We are decorating for Valentine’s Day and John and I might finally get to celebrate our anniversary!  Diane

25 thoughts on “Gym In A Bag Winner & I’m Back!

• Diane says:

It wasn’t a blogger show but rather a show that had 100 people in the audience that had lost 100 pounds! So there were a few bloggers there, but the vast majority of them were not. It was really inspiring to see all those weight loss successes there!

1. JourneyBeyondSurvival says:

This is one time I wish we had a TV. I’ll check iTunes to see if they sell the episode. Anybody know if Dr. Oz is online?

That sounds really interesting and exciting. Sounds like you had fun. Happy Valentine’s Day if I don’t ‘see’ you again.
    .-= JourneyBeyondSurvival´s last blog ..Memories =-.

Can’t wait to hear more. I heard a bit from Lori’s post & understand you were a star!!!! Very exciting!

I will be at UCLA that day & will be recording the show cause by the time I get home, I will still have to do my home stuff…. too cool Diane!
    .-= Jody – Fit at 52´s last blog ..Some Stuff About Me =-.

3. Marcelle says:

I’m so glad you back home as well…and now cant wait to hear all about Dr Oz – I loved that man on Oprah and have only been able to watch bits and bob’s of his show on internet…will look out for your show once its been viewed…need the show’s name..
    .-= Marcelle´s last blog ..THANK YOU Steffi =-.

4. 266 says:

I’m glad you had fun taping the Dr. Oz Show! Perfect timing for me cause I hit the 100 pound mark myself today (yay)! I have tried to no avail though to locate when and where I may watch it from my location, so if you know of a way to view it online please let us know. Otherwise, I will be scanning my local television listings on Tuesday.
    .-= 266´s last blog ..Weigh-In For Week 27 =-.

5. Meg says:

I grew up in Tallahassee, so your FSU connection always interested in! Have always loved your writing style and now I see that you know one of my big sisters best friends! Thanks for all the great thoughts and kind style you share with us daily.

6. Lara (Thinspired) says:

Diane, I’m watching today’s episode of Dr. Oz and it’s not your episode! Help! I checked the website and it says that it’s supposed to be today’s episode. I am so confused, don’t want to miss your show…
    .-= Lara (Thinspired)´s last blog ..A Wii-kend of Fun =-.