These Rank A 10 For Me

Before I tell you about our Easter dessert, I thought you might like to see some pictures from our Easter. Here’s the table, my oldest daughters did the flowers with those magical daffodils that seem to sprout up out of the dead yard! The little boys did surprisingly well with the china plates. Nothing broken, which was a victory.

Earlier in the day we colored eggs. Well, I didn’t – I took pictures! With so many people it took about 8.5 minutes to color 48 eggs. Seriously.

After the little guy woke up from his nap we went outside to hunt eggs. And yes, we put candy in the eggs. All in moderation right?!

We had a nice time, even if the grass was soggy and brown. The brown grass was forgotten when we later we had these for dessert:

These are little cake balls that I shaped into egg shapes and decorated. They aren’t the best for you – but they rank a 10 in my book so one cake ball was definitely worth the calories. It’s hard to tell, but they are smaller than the length of my thumb!

What dessert is worth the calories to you? Diane

34 thoughts on “These Rank A 10 For Me

1. Marcelle says:

Well done to your daughter she did a fantastic job with your Easter table.
    Diane your eldest daughter is a mini YOU….cannot believe how alike you both are.
    I love the look of cake balls…I ate so much chocolate today…felt down…then skipped for 90 mins and skipped dinner as I cannot afford the extra calories…
    The joys of keeping our weight under control.

2. Julia says:

The kids did a great job on the table and those chocs look so good. We don’t celebrate Easter but for some reason this year I bought so many beans, we love Jelly belly’s and all the flavors. I also love the caramel eggs – yum.

have a good weekend.

3. Pam says:

I never thought about making cake balls into egg shapes! I am so doing this next year – thanks for the great idea! Looks like you had a wonderful family day & that is what its about. : )
    .-= Pam´s last blog ..So…why now? =-.

4. RNegade says:

I don’t worry about calories anymore. I just watch the carbs. The lbs are finally melting off like magic. So load on the sugar-free cheese cake and full fat chocolate ice cream! Yummy!

What a beautiful day ! And dessert- I am a brownie with nuts kind of girl. I don’t worry about the calories, carbs, fat, sugar or anything with these. They are brownies, and only when you do weird things to them ( black beans, zucchini or so forth)do they even attempt to be healthy. They are brownies, and one is a treat. As long as it is one, and once a week, it is not a problem. It only becomes that way when it is one PAN of them or one brownie…every hour !
    .-= Diane´s last blog ..Peanut soup, pesto and weigh in =-.

6. Cammy@TippyToeDiet says:

You know me well enough by now to know that *any* dessert is worth the calories to me. If it’s sugary and sweet, I love it! (Fortunately, I have learned to love it more sparingly.)

I’m going to give those cake balls a try next month at our neighborhood dessert social. I’ve got a couple of different recipes, and I think it will be a fun way to have cake in small portions.
    .-= Cammy@TippyToeDiet´s last blog ..Wii Fit: Helpful, Harmful, or Foreplay? =-.

Hot brownies or homemade apple pie is worth it to me, in moderation!

What a fun set of Easter celebrations for your family! Those chocolate eggs look amazing 🙂
    .-= Taryl´s last blog ..Walking? Check! =-.

Aww, egg-shaped cake balls! What a cute idea! I made those over Christmas, but my flavour of cake and frosting was off, they turned out too rich. Just an excuse to try them again 😉 About once a year I have a big slice of cheesecake. Not some measly sliver, but a legitimate piece of full-fat cheesecake. Worth every caloric bite.
    .-= Susan´s last blog ..Flashback Friday – The Chubby Years =-.

The cake eggs looked giant size – funny how we can’t tell size in pics! are you saying you have daffodils planted in the midst of your lawn – or are you saying the squirrels buried them and they just suddenly sprouted? we have had (the second) happen with tulips. One year we planted over 500 and the squirrels ate/took them all. Then other years we have had tulips suddenly bloom in odd places (that we did not plant). So that makes me wonder if our 500 bloomed at other people’s houses – ?
    .-= vickie´s last blog ..I went, yes, it sucked – but there was a silver lining =-.

• Diane says:

We didn’t plant the daffodils – they just appeared the first spring we lived here. And not in any orderly fashion – just here and there all over the yard. Perhaps we do have some of yours!

A fresh brownie, a peanut butter cup or a chocolate frozen custard with peanut butter mixed in …. oh and a non-fat, no-whip white chocolate mocha. 🙂

Your Easter table was beautiful!