Family Congratulations

I wanted to use this Saturday post to offer some congratulations to my family on completing their schooling! YAY!

First, congratulations to my hubby John on graduating again! He just finished his coursework for his MBA and will walk for the graduation ceremonies tonight! It only took him two years to finish and I’m so proud of him.

I also wanted to congratulate my oldest daughter who finished her first year of college this week. She’s an electrical engineering/math double major and loves all things equation! She even won the freshman math award!

As a homeschooling family we often “miss” out on the end of the year parties so Thursday night we had our own “END OF THE SCHOOL YEAR” party. We made completion certificates for all the kids, had our version of hamburgers (Boccas) and I made some homemade fries. Then I topped it off with a cupcake for each one of us. Here’s a picture of my soon to be Kindergartner and I. Please excuse my big GAP sweatshirt!

My second daughter made a pinata and we threw it around until it broke. We had to throw it because it was too wet to go outside. Worked quite well!

I hope you all have a great Saturday. We are heading off to the graduation ceremony this evening. I’m hoping the 2-year old doesn’t get too bored! Diane

39 thoughts on “Family Congratulations

I’ve said it before but I will say it again, you have a beautiful family! Congratulations to your husband and kids that offically graduated and to all of them for progressing another year in school.
    What are the age range of your 7 children again?

Have a great weekend! Thanks for what you said on my blog.

2. Marcelle says:

~Diane you have the most incredible family – home schooling is totally unheard of in South Africa….no one does it…I am amazed at how you get to do all that you do with 7 people to look after besides being a wife to your husband…you give so much of yourself to others..to me…
    I am blown away
    Congratulations…to ALL..
    You must be so proud of your brood.

3. Big Clyde says:

Congrats to your family! I have two that also moved up (one heading to high school and the other to middle school). Fun to celebrate the achievements.

Have a good weekend.

Congratulations to all around !! Especially props to your husband – it is really difficult for adults to continue education between all of the demands of work, family and life in general.Behind every family success is a devoted wife and mom who helps out, encourages, prods when necessary and makes sure there is clean underwear and toothpaste to keep the journey moving along, so congratulations to you too !
    .-= Diane´s last blog ..Pizza for the gluten intolerant =-.

5. Pam says:

Congratulations to all – how amazing and wonderful!
    Enjoy all of the wondrous blessings that you all have right now and have a wonderful evening of celebration.

(I think I need to get some tips from you as I am thinking about starting a homeschooling preschool program with Daniel and am clueless where to start.)
    .-= Pam´s last blog ..Weekend of Renewal =-.

6. 'Drea says:

Congrats to your fam. Your husband looks great in his cap and gown. No need to excuse yourself for your attire unless you’re apologizing for looking cute in that GAP sweatshirt. 🙂
    .-= ‘Drea´s last blog ..There Is No Back Seat =-.

7. Julia says:

Congratulations, this has obviously been a great school year for you all from hubby, daughters, sons and you the teacher who keeps it all together.
    It amazes me that you homeschool them all, I can barely keep up with getting DS to do his homework – do you need another one to add to your classroom? LOL
    Enjoy the rest of your weekend 🙂

loved all the pics

throwing – instead of whacking with stick – might be the most brilliant idea ever.

party was wonderful idea.

Are you all truly finished for the summer and the kids just do whatever reading or profects they want for fun – or do some of the kids have chapters (still) to complete?
    .-= vickie´s last blog ..Eating on the job article =-.

• Diane says:

Vickie – the kids are all done with their school books. We take about 2 weeks off and then go on summer schedule. We keep up with math and science so they don’t forget. I have goals for each child on what I’d like them to accomplish over the summer, and they get a prize at the end of the summer if they exceed their goals.

9. Michelle @ Eatingjourney says:

First of all I love that you share this with us. Love your posts, but I love reading about your family. Congrats to everyone around, esp. the hubby.

I think this begs two bigger issues. 1. Homeschooling is good and more people should do it 2. It’s awesome that you’ve kept off the weight being at home all the time.

I just love it!
    .-= Michelle @ Eatingjourney´s last blog ..14.5 Glorious kms–Race Re-Cap =-.

10. Jaime says:

I love doing something special for the end of the school year as well. Because as homeschoolers we never have an official end date from the beginning to look forward to it is nice to celebrate when we get there. Although this is my first year of not being done yet , usually we finish up in April.
    .-= Jaime´s last blog ..Seeing the finish line. =-.

11. Joe says:

What a beautiful family. You should be very proud of your husband, it took me over 3 years to get my MBA and I thought it was going to kill me. 2 years is a huge accomplishment.
    .-= Joe´s last blog ..Recap and Request =-.

12. sexysize12 says:

Congratulations to your hubby on his graduation and to the both of you for raising such happy achievers. Keep up the marvelous work of caring and providing for the family. And the pinata game sounded fun even if you didn’t get to go outside. Beautiful family!

Diane,
    I’ve finally had a moment to catch up on my weightloss blogs and I’m so happy for your family and their accomplishments!

Congrats to your husband!

It’s been good therapy catching up on weight loss blogs. I feel like I’m can get back on track when I read your blog. Thanks for your continual posting and sharing of words of wisdom!
    -Leah
    .-= Leah´s last blog ..The Final Chapter =-.