I’m So Excited!

If you are connected with me through Facebook you might remember that I was asking for bike recommendations. I got some good recommendations from Roy, but needed to wait until the cash flow came through. Well, this morning I was at a garage sale, which is where you will find me on most Saturday mornings and I saw this:

Being an experienced garage sale person, I left my teenage son holding onto the bike and went to find the seller. Turns out she is the fabulous lady who sometimes cuts my hair. She got a new bike and sold me this bike for . . . $15.00!! It is a Denali bike with Shimano brakes! It works perfectly and rides so smoothly. I had been riding my teenage son’s bike and it was not comfortable or enjoyable!

Here’s a picture of me in my brand new workout clothes. You might remember that I asked for workout clothes advice the other week. Taking Lori’s advice on buying a close fitting wicking shirt, I picked this shirt and the cute running skirt. I wasn’t so sure about the skirt when I saw it on other people – because I couldn’t imagine it was comfortable, but it is! I wish someone would give me one so I could give it away to you on my blog!!

I’m so excited and I think it’s funny that my bike cost LESS than my new outfit! What’s with that?

Hope you all have a great weekend, and if you don’t go to garage sales, maybe you should!!  Ever found a deal at a store or a yard saleDiane

45 thoughts on “I’m So Excited!

1. Cynthia (It All Changes) says:

That is such a great find and you look amazing!

Hunni and I aren’t even ready for children yet but we know we want to run with them (he still runs occasionally with me). So I saw a jog stroller in perfect condition that the mom’s kids had just grown out of and she sold it to me for $15. It’s in our attic right now until we need it but it is worth it since all the ones we see at the running store are at least $200.
    .-= Cynthia (It All Changes)´s last blog ..Just a Good Day =-.

How exciting Diane!!!!!!!!!!! And you look FABULOUS in your new outfit & with that bike!!!! I have tried to win one of those skirts but not yet! 🙂 BUT, with some winnings from Mary at a Merry Life, I got a new workout top & the ladies at GirlGetStrong sent me a top to wear for them too! My first new tops in years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT does feel good, doesn’t it!

Have fun with your bike!
    .-= Jody – Fit at 52´s last blog ..Saturday Funny =-.

Oh you look so cute and very nice in that outfit you are doing marvelous on your keep fit. Love that bike what a score!
    Yep, as a eBay seller trying to be more serious and profitable lately I have really been hitting the garage sale and thrift shop circuit. Its so hot out at this time of year its not enjoyable but it is the price you pay to work for yourself from home.
    I love when I buy things for a dollar and make way over $10.00 on them that is a rush!
    Have a great weekend!

4. Babbalou says:

Great deal, cool bike! We’ve laughed for years about a bike we bought our son for $5 at a thrift shop. It was in good shape but had a broken pedal. New pedals cost $7 at the time, leading to many jokes with a punch line about “nice pedals”.

5. Tami says:

Great find on the bike and the work out clothes! I had wondered about those skirts when I saw them at the sports store. I just might have to get me one!

I don’t usually get out to the garage sales but I have found some bargains at the the thrift stores. Usually cookbooks!

You look awesome!

6. Tish says:

Great! You look “ready to roll.” I got a bike a couple of years ago and I love it. Best yard sale deal–a double jogging stroller that I use, sometimes, to take my two grand babies down to my running trail.
    .-= Tish´s last blog ..Friday Surprise! =-.

7. Cammy@TippyToeDiet says:

Awesome bike, great deal! (I’m assuming the helmet just isn’t in the picture?*g*)

I love yard sales, and I got a good fitness deal today: the Pilates for Dummies DVD for $0.50! I’d netflixed the DVD last winter and enjoyed it immensely. Now I have my very own copy! OKay, so it’s not a shiny new blue bicycle, but it’s still a deal. 🙂
    .-= Cammy@TippyToeDiet´s last blog ..Let’s Put a Bow on It =-.

Congrats on such a great price on your bike! You look great in your new exercise outfit. You have a beautiful smile! Happy riding to you!

9. John says:

I’m shopping in the wrong neighborhoods! $15 is a steal!
    This should be much more enjoyable ride than your son’s bike.

Best deal I ever got was $1 for my bed at an auction. One of those old metal ones with the slat springs. Was very comfortable…once I got a mattress for it 🙂

10. 'Drea says:

While I go to thrift stores, I haven’t been to garage sales but, now, I’m going to have to check them out. 🙂 That was an unbelievable deal on the bike. You’ll look so cute with your new outfit riding on it. And, well, you’ll be getting an excellent workout too. Enjoy.
    .-= ‘Drea´s last blog ..A Charmed Life: A Look at Making Toast =-.

Great deal on the bike! You also look super cute in your new workout clothes. 🙂

Yes, I went to a thrift store with my aunt while we were both visiting/helping my mom and I found a beautiful skirt and even a hardly used pair of sandals that totaled less than $10. They were my treasures for the day.

Have a nice weekend!
    .-= Leah´s last blog ..Weigh-In … Summer Challenge #3 =-.

12. South Beach Steve says:

What a deal Diane! I love yard sale deals, but I don’t seem to hit them as often as I would like to. And look at you! Some company should donate running skirts to you for a giveaway. With your readership that would be a great promo for them too!

13. Miz says:

Perhaps thats what I need to do (seriously) start scouring the yard sales for a bike.

**smacks self in head in an ah ha!moment**

and my daughter would LOVE tagging along Im sure….
    .-= Miz´s last blog ..N(o) S(cale) V(ictory). =-.