I know the title is cheesy, but having our garden flourish has been so satisfying. Our cucumbers got so out of control that I waded in among them with my hedge clippers and gave them a haircut. They had attached their tendrils to the tomatoes, green and banana peppers and were heading over towards the squash. Seriously out of control!
I used some of our bounty tonight to make a really nice Angel Hair Pasta. I thought you all might like the recipe so here it is. I added some stir-fried (in broth) chicken at the end so my teenage son wouldn’t eat all night long!
Angel Hair Pasta
Lay out your ingredients:
- 1 cup chopped yellow squash
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 – 3 banana peppers, chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped (I didn’t use these because I am waiting for my own to ripen. I refuse to buy any right now. Silly, I know! So our dish was without tomatoes.)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (sauteed in broth or water until completely cooked) – optional
- 16 ounces cooked angel hair pasta
Here’s what our ingredients looked like:
Heat your broth or water in a wok or skillet and saute veggies until crisp-tender.
Add veggies and chicken to cooked and drained angel hair pasta and serve. I cut up watermelon and served the pasta with a loaf of Italian bread. The only seasoning I added was a touch of pepper.
I hope you are having a great weekend. We are still trying to beat the heat by going to the library, swimming a bit and just hanging around.
Any fresh produce in your life these days? Diane