Angel Produce (with Pasta)

I know the title is cheesy, but having our garden flourish has been so satisfying. Our cucumbers got so out of control that I waded in among them with my hedge clippers and gave them a haircut. They had attached their tendrils to the tomatoes, green and banana peppers and were heading over towards the squash. Seriously out of control!

I used some of our bounty tonight to make a really nice Angel Hair Pasta. I thought you all might like the recipe so here it is. I added some stir-fried (in broth) chicken at the end so my teenage son wouldn’t eat all night long!

Angel Hair Pasta

Lay out your ingredients:

• 1 cup chopped yellow squash
  • 1 cup chopped zucchini
  • 1 green pepper, chopped
  • 2 – 3 banana peppers, chopped
  • 1 onion, finely chopped
  • 1 cup mushrooms, chopped
  • 2 tomatoes, chopped (I didn’t use these because I am waiting for my own to ripen. I refuse to buy any right now. Silly, I know! So our dish was without tomatoes.)
  • 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (sauteed in broth or water until completely cooked) – optional
  • 16 ounces cooked angel hair pasta

Here’s what our ingredients looked like:

Heat your broth or water in a wok or skillet and saute veggies until crisp-tender.

Add veggies and chicken to cooked and drained angel hair pasta and serve. I cut up watermelon and served the pasta with a loaf of Italian bread. The only seasoning I added was a touch of pepper.

I hope you are having a great weekend. We are still trying to beat the heat by going to the library, swimming a bit and just hanging around.

Any fresh produce in your life these days?  Diane

22 thoughts on “Angel Produce (with Pasta)

1. Pam says:

AS always! Of course we rely on the Farmer’s Market because the soil here is too terrible to grow things…I got a lot of corn, blackberries, blueberries, bananas, green beans and zucchini today – I see some homemade jelly for my tot and a number of other things in my future! The pasta looks yummy!~
    .-= Pam´s last blog ..Changes =-.

2. Sharon says:

I think I just found Sunday lunch….sounds yummy. Just posted pics of my “I’ve never heard of this before” item from today’s farmer’s market. Ever heard of Mung Beans???
    .-= Sharon´s last blog ..Im Going Public- =-.

3. Tish says:

Yum. I love fresh produce. Right now I’m competing with the mocking birds for our tomatoes. We got a few ripe ones, but lately I’ve had to pick some of the unpecked one that are only light orange. They’ll ripen inside in the window. My other garden win is my herb garden. I almost always harvest something to flavor our dinner–rosemary, basil, thyme, mint, parsley, and chives.

4. South Beach Steve says:

Your garden sounds like it is doing great. Our cucumbers are trying to take everything over too. I keep having to redirect them, but they are getting a bit too wild right now. 🙂

5. Fran says:

The dish looks great, when can I come over to taste it for myself?

I don’t grow any veggies in my garden but … I did buy some herbs the other day that I keep in potterie.

6. 'Drea says:

The pasta looks great. Gardening is the one area that I have not delved into. I think I remember you saying that you didn’t really have a green thumb so maybe there’s hope for me too. 😉

7. sexysize_12 says:

I would love a garden of my own no room for it though! Thanks for sharing this healthy looking and delicious sounding meal. What you’re doing to cool off sounds like a good ideal. It’s 82 degrees here and I attempted to do my 6 mile walk and I only completed 3 miles, because I was practically melting away. I will attempt to finish it when the sun has almost gone down, wish me luck. And I will also be looking for some simple,not hard to prepare or heat inducing meals to prepare. My apartment holds to much heat when cooking especially when it’s hot outside, not a good thing. keep up the awesome work and thanks again for sharing :o)

8. Hanlie says:

Oh that looks so summery and delicious! I don’t cook this “pretty” and I certainly don’t take such nice pictures.

I made a lovely pumpkin soup over the weekend with a pumpkin from my sister’s garden. We were going to have a veggie garden at home, but neither my husband nor I actually enjoy gardening and when I’m working too we just don’t have the time.
    .-= Hanlie´s last blog ..What a week it’s been- =-.

9. Stacy says:

That looks yummy! We have our CSA goodies on a weekly basis now. Lots and lots of lettuce right now. Last night I baked some cauliflower and brocolli and served with some elk burgers. All hormone free and organic! 😉
    .-= Stacy´s last blog ..Stuffed Portabellas =-.