Who Are You?

I’ve been blogging now for almost 18 months. I’ve loved the community and support the blogging community has shown me. I was thinking about you all this evening. We are all on our own journeys. I’m not actively trying to lose weight, but I’m still on my life journey.

I was wondering how you answer the question: Who Are You?

What defines you and makes you unique?

Let’s make it fun and define ourselves in just a few words.

I’ll start:

I am a:

Wife

Mom

Independent

Thinker

Christian

That took me a few minutes to decide on just a few words to describe myself. Some of those adjectives and titles helped me on my weight loss journey. I wanted to be around for my husband and my children and they were primary motivators for me. I am independent, so I did my own thing to lose weight. I like to think about things, and I certainly thought a lot about weight loss. And my faith helped me get through really tough times.

Want to join in? Who are you?Ā  Diane

29 thoughts on “Who Are You?

1. Marcelle says:

I am a wife, mother, lover, dancer, photographer,personal trainer, supporter, home domestic, friend, sister, sister in law, mother in law, nana, believer, positive thinker, cook, blogger, facebook addict
    Hehehehehehe
    Okay thats me!!

Amazing how similar we describe ourselves:) I am a Christian, wife, mom, athlete, reader, student of life always learning, aspiring writer, gardner. To name a few of the who am I.

3. emergefit says:

I am just a guy trying to figure it all out, and feeling very much like I never will. I know nothing. It could all be an illusion. I try, I strive, I fight, I seek. When it fits, I enjoy. When I can, I move. When I don’t move, I struggle.

Oh, and the only time I think know truth, is when I look into the eyes of a dog.

4. Pam says:

I am a:

Wife
    Mother
    Christian
    Blogger
    Striver
    Fighter
    Friend

I like this…this is really neat to see how everyone would describe themselves.

5. Fran says:

Cool Diane!

I’m:
    a wife
    a friend
    a dog “mommy”
    a daughter
    a co-worker
    an optimist
    a runner
    a positive person
    a perfectionist
    a cook/food lover

6. 'Drea says:

Had to think about this one for a minute but here’s a few things that popped into my mind:

Bookworm
    Midwesterner
    Perfectionist
    Persistent
    Virgo

7. NewMe says:

I am:
    -a seeker of social justice
    -a partner to my husband
    -a loving mother to my children
    -a devotee of language and languages
    -profoundly agnostic

8. Kara says:

I am a:

Mother
    Crafter – Scrapbooking, Cross Stitch
    Believer
    Fighter

I am trying to become hopeful, optimistic, and healthy.

9. julie says:

Contrarian, atheist, environmentalist, animal lover, fat-girl (not fat now, but forever psychologically). Painfully shy, emotionally damaged. Scientist.

I always find these more difficult to do than they should be! It is surprisingly hard to describe myself.

I’d say I am a Christian, Wife, Mother, Friend, Reader, Crafter, and Cook, if I described myself on a the basis of what I do most with my time. I’m a lot more than that, but those are probably the fundamentals that others would describe me by as well šŸ™‚

I am …
    ..a christian
    ..a wife
    ..a mother
    ..a friend
    ..outgoing
    ..cheery
    ..emotional
    ..musical
    ..creative

I’m going to stop there. This was kind of fun! Thanks!

12. Tami says:

Wow this is harder than it looks.

I am a woman, daughter, wife, mother, friend, Christian, blogger, walker/jogger, cook/baker,organizer and student of life!

13. Quix says:

I am a strong, determined (not-quite as) young (as I used to be) woman. I am a producer. I am a wife. I am an athlete. I am a runner. I am (will be on sunday) a triathlete. I am a shortcut chef. I am (trying to be more) spontaneous. I am the kind of person that lives for a new adventure. I am logical. I am creative. I am a thinker. I am a lover AND a fighter.

Thought provoking! Love this!