I Am Giving Away My Book Today

It has been years in the making. A few weeks ago, I received the first copy of my book, 150 Pounds Gone Forever, from my publisher Sun Rise River Press.

John asked me how it felt to hold the actual book after long months of editing with my great editor Karen. I told him, “It feels unbelievable.” I had been toying with the idea of writing down the things I shared in my weight loss classes into book form for years, but the thought of actually doing it seemed impossible. Just like it took a long time to lose weight, it took a long time to write the book and over a year to find an agent and publisher.

The book is 309 pages long, has 50 tasty recipes, and a lot of information about my journey and my thoughts on weight loss. There are before and after pictures, which are part of any weight loss book, and the details on the plan I used to lose my weight. One thing that makes the book unique is the “Your Turn” sections that encourage you to answer specific questions I ask concerning the topic at hand. For example, in the “Eat Out Without Blowing Up Chapter” I ask you to consider how you make your entree selections and how you view visiting a restaurant.

If you would like to win one of two copies I am giving away, please do one or all of the following. Leave a separate comment for each entry. If you would just like to buy the book yourself, you can get it from Amazon, Books A Million, Sun Rise River Press, or your favorite book seller. All readers all eligible, regardless of where you live.

1. Leave me a comment

2. Share this post on your Facebook timeline

3. Share this post on Twitter

I wanted to thank you all for reading, commenting, and sharing your weight loss experiences with me and the other people who read not only my posts, but your comments as well. Blessings to all of you.Β  Diane

136 thoughts on “I Am Giving Away My Book Today

1. Dave Shaw says:

is this book for women only or can men use it too cuz I need to lose eat least 50 lbs or I will die

thanks
    dave

2. Gina says:

Diane, I am so happy for you! I remember a few years ago when you mentioned you had the book in the works or were trying to find a way to publish it. And now it’s here!!!!

It’s funny you mentioned recipes because we are having your corn and bean salad Thursday (yum).

One of the things I love about your story is how you can relate to the rest of us. You’ve yo-yo’d, you have a family that divides your focus and attention, you’ve been obese. YOU I can relate to and believe it can be possible for me, too.

Of course I would love your book. I don’t go into Blogland much anymore due to time, but I was happy to see this post from Facebook. But, it looks like I’m a day late. If so, that’s okay; I’ll check out Amazon, etc.

Love,
    Gina

3. Brenda says:

Hi, I would love a copy of your book. Keep inspiring people to be the best person they can be. Thanks

4. Jaime says:

I stumbled across your site a few weeks ago, and I’ve been inspired by your continued journey. Congratulations on the book!

5. Alayna says:

Way to go, Diane! I am excited to read your book even if I don’t win it. Every Monday, Wednesday & Friday, I’m always excited to check my email because I know you will have a blog post. You always inspire and educate me. Thank you for all that you do!

6. maryann says:

Congratulations! I found your site about a month ago and have really enjoyed reading. Can’t wait to read the book.

7. Sue Belcher says:

So glad that your book is now available. Sarah introduced me to your blog some time ago as encouragement for my own weight struggle. I would love a copy of your book!

8. Tiffany says:

Yay! You must feel so proud to have the finished book in your hands. Looking forward to reading it.

9. Sue says:

Gosh, you have done so well. I am 9 weeks in to my weight loss & have lost 26lbs. I have 100lbs to go. I am really enjoying reading your awesome journey. Congrats on the book.
    Sue from New Zealand