Fun Friday Question

This morning I was thinking about what a friend asked me yesterday afternoon at around 3:30 p.m. We were talking on the phone, chatting mindlessly about nothing, and she said, “I’ve got a strange question for you. What’s the last thing you ate?”

I laughed and asked her why she wanted to know. She said, “Well, you always seem to eat so healthy so I was wondering if I caught you unaware what your answer would be.” I told her that the last thing I had eaten that moment was a handful of animal crackers. (Honestly, it was only half a serving! 🙂 )

So my blogging friends. Time to confess.

If I asked you that question at 3:30 in the afternoon – what’s you answer? Good choice or not? Diane

32 thoughts on “Fun Friday Question

1. Diandra says:

Easy one… right now the last thing I ate was 100g carrots and 150g tomatoes, together with 20g cheese, one slice of homemade bread and an egg. Not the worst choice in the world. But it is always easy when I am at work – I only take good stuff with me. Evenings are much more difficult…

2. Lori says:

That would be a latte. Pretty much my afternoon snack every day. Might be paired with some dried pineapple, but not yesterday.

3. Sharon says:

Easy….hubs and I are continuing a tradition of walking every morning from 7-8 from the time we end our summer trip through his summer class that he teaches and until he begins the fall term. He can’t do it during the regular school term.

I fix a one-cup (full of protein) smoothie that we split just before we leave the house. This morning’s was triple berry mix, strawberry kefir, flax oil, whey strained from the yogurt I made earlier this week, handful of fresh spinach and a scoop of protein powder.

Good choice??? You better believe it and yummy as well!

4. Karen P says:

I had a homemade salad with rotisserie chicken, cherry tomatoes, and lettuce. Late lunch while on a flight home. Most afternoons it’s some sort of protein ( whey protein shake) and a vegetable.

5. KCLAnderson (Karen) says:

Hmmmm…yesterday at 3:30, the last thing I had eaten was a Gnu bar.

By the way, in response to your latest comment in my blog, I wanted to say that kettlebell exercises have helped my back immensely. Done right, they’re great for correcting all sorts of issues!

6. I ❤ 2 Eat says:

Hmm – yesterday at 3:30pm I would have said lunch. But at 730, I would have said snacked on the dinner we made for my cousin’s friends who were over, which were roasted potatoes and some popcorn chicken!

Depends on the day…yesterday it would’ve been a cup of coffee with 2Tbsp half and half and a Zone protein bar..late lunch and working on a church project.

8. Mairi Brown says:

It would have been a strange lunch I had. I stopped at a Korean Chicken place and had a chicken breast sandwhich on some sort of wrap with lettuce, tomato, mango & some sort of crunchy unidentifiable vegetable. I usually do my damage at dinner or afterwards.

9. Deanna @ cakeshakemix.com says:

3:30 in the afternoon is probably the most difficult time for me…seriously! But, I have been trying so hard NOT to snack during that time. I will actually try and hold my lunch for later to eat closer to my “hungry” time of the day. Before I got serious about my weight, my eating and my health, I would tell you that I was eating anything and everything. Proudly, I can’t say that now. And it feels GREAT!

10. Janis says:

Usually a turkey avocado croissant and a cup of soup from the local sandwich shop, often accompanied by a diet Snapple.

11. Michelle says:

Today wasn’t a normal day. We celebrated a coworker getting a great job offer, so my answer today is mimosa and chocolate cake. Thankfully my answer most days would sound much healthier.

12. Gina says:

Trail mix. I didn’t plan well that day and hadn’t eaten since 6 a.m. (banana) and left the house without preplanned snacks in my purse. I didn’t think I would be gone that long. When home, I was famished and grabbed what was there.

13. Barry Hughes says:

Diane, that would be a chipped chop ham sandwich on wheat. I think that is about the worst thing I have eaten this week and I don’t even consider it bad. I have eaten more fruits and vegetables this week than anytime in my whole life. I think I finally am getting this real food thing.

I used to get your post notifications the morning of your post & just got this one Saturday morn. Yesterday I got an old one from you that I already commented on – OH NO!!!.. 🙁

I have my Costco animal crackers – portion control for my eve snack! 🙂

Last thing I ate? Half a grapefruit with a little xylitol sprinkled on it (I love the crunch!); a couple stalks of celery dipped in hot sauce; 100 grams of chicken breast sautéed in hot sauce, salt, and pepper; two grissini; some iced tea with lemon.

Basically a normal, on plan lunch 🙂

16. Stephanie says:

Fun question! And your friend asking it in that way made me laugh. 🙂

I have found that 3pm is my “killer hour” for some reason. No matter when I last ate (and I usually eat breakfast at 11am, and lunch at 2pm), I find myself starving at 3pm. 🙁 To counteract that, I now bring a banana and apple slices to work every day. So, today at 3:30, the last thing I ate was a sliced apple! 🙂