Bidding Goodbye To The Bonds That Hold You Back

It’s Independence Day in the United States today and it is a wonderful day to remember and celebrate America’s independence.

Whenever the 4th of July comes around, I think about being free, being independent, and not being held back by things that bond you or bind you.

Just a quick thought for you on this holiday.

If you are stuck in a rut, finding it hard to motivate yourself to keep on with your journey, or just fed up with trying to get to a healthy weight – remember this.

Letting go of the bonds that are holding you back is what will set you free.

Say goodbye to emotional dependence on food.

Say goodbye to feeling uncomfortable working out.

Say goodbye to excuses that stop you from reaching your goals.

Say goodbye to bad habits.

Say goodbye to unhealthy foods that your body does not need.

The list could go on and on.

The point is this: Find those bonds that hold you back and get a game plan together to break them and move forward. Learn to say hello to the new you and bid goodbye to those things in your life that are unnecessary or unhealthy.

Celebrate your independence! What will you break free of this month? Diane

13 thoughts on “Bidding Goodbye To The Bonds That Hold You Back

1. Sharon says:

I’m learning to let go of a couple of friendships that are no longer working. The issues have nothing to do with weight/healthy eating, however, I believe my recent success in reaching goal weight (almost) along with the confidence and self-assurance it has brought, has given me the courage to say, “no more” and move on.

BTW, I’ve been reminded of earlier posts of yours where you have talked about friendships that changed or no longer worked once you lost your weight. That has been an encouragement to me and helped me move forward. Thanks!

2. I ❤ 2 Eat says:

Happy Independence Day, Diane! It’s my first 4th of July as an official US resident…I’m enjoying the holiday and hope to say goodbye to some negative talk this month and forward! 🙂

3. Joy says:

What a great post! I want to let go of the relationship I have with food. I turn to food when I feel out of control, hurt by people, sad and when I don’t want to deal with my feelings. This month I am going to try to let go of food in an unhealthy way and find healthy ways to deal with my feelings. I always love your Question 🙂

4. Elizabeth says:

Great words to motivate us all to keep moving forward. I still have to break free from reaching for food out of boredom. The heat wave is still here and I’ve been stuck inside way too much! I find myself reaching for a snack when I’m not really hungry. Goal: to be mindful of what I eat and if I really need it.

This is all right on target. The problem I see with people is that they can’t connect their disconnected plan from their moving forward. It’s no different with any therapeutic pathway. Making the change is the most important point of the journey and the point where most people are stuck. The only way to do it is to do it, yet it’s amazing how many ways we find to just not do it as our lives tick away!

Great advice and so true! It is all in how we frame it, mentally, and weight loss/health as freedom instead of deprivation is a much better recipe for success.

7. Blessedmama says:

My thing is that sometimes I stay up too late and then can’t get up at 5am the next day to get ready for the gym. I need to stop doing that. It’s simply sabotage.