Another Year Passes By

The older I get the faster the years seem to fly by.

Tomorrow is my birthday and it seems like I just had a birthday! When we are children the passage of one year to the next seems to take forever as we eagerly await those milestones to come. Milestones like the first day of school, our birthday, holidays, vacations, family visits, and more.

When my birthday rolls around now I like to think back over the previous year and make a list of the things that happen that were momentous, or meaningful, or just created a memory I hope to hold onto forever.

I’d like to share with you some pictures of the wonderful things and the mundane things that marked my last year.

My book was published and I was on the 700 Club. That was pretty fabulous.

My second daughter graduated from high school and we got to see both sets of grandparents. That was wonderful!

We had a fabulous family vacation.

We lost our dog Tucker to cancer which was very, very sad and recently welcomed a new puppy, Sophie into the family.

We had a lot of time to just hang out together and that is the best gift of all.

My goals for the next year include getting in better physical shape, continuing to work hard on eating healthy, teaching my five boys all their studies, supporting my college-aged daughters, and being the best wife I can be! A secondary goal is to not get depressed as the years march on way too quickly!  Diane

36 thoughts on “Another Year Passes By

1. blackhuff says:

I love how you and your family have spent time together. Congrats on all the achievements you and your family have achieved this past year. I wish you good luck for the year to come.

Happy Birthday Diane! Hope your day is as specal as you are. Congrats on all your accomplishments this year. Love the pictures of your family. Your new puppy is precious too.

3. Mama Lego (Laura!) says:

Happy birthday to a wonderful lady and a HUGE source of inspiration!! I hope you have a fabulous day 🙂

Happy bday!!!! I love all the pics & things that you have done & accomplished! Sophie is adorable BTW – along with your kids!

Diane, save the depressed stuff for when you reach mt age & the hormones fight you every single second of the day! 😉

5. Andrea@WellnessNotes says:

We have the same birthday! Happy Birthday to you tomorrow!

And you are right, the older I get, the faster time seems to pass… Sounds like you had a good year with some very memorable and exciting highlights. Great goals too for the coming year, too!

Wishing you a great day tomorrow and a happy and healthy year!

• packerman says:

hey, my birthday is tomorrow too! i found you thru SparkPeople and am following your blog and getting some wonderful ideas from you. keep up the good work and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Happy early birthday! I pray your next year is blessed over and above all that you bless us here in blogland with your story and encouragement.

7. jeanette says:

Happy Birthday Diane, I hope you ge tto enjoy the day with your beautiful family and have a wonderful day!Your year in reflection is amazing.
    God is good!!!

8. Janis says:

Happy birthday! The years will pass at their own rate no matter what we do — and it looks like you’re filling them up with lots of good stuff, which is exactly what you should be doing. 🙂

A very happy birthday, Diane!! I’m so glad you and your deserving family had such a very nice year!! I only have the advice of a study I recently saw to pass on. It found that people who complain about getting older, end up having a shorter life to complain about!

I know you don’t do this, but I am just trying to be pro-active 🙂

10. Libby says:

Happy Happy Birthday Diane! I hope that you have a wonderful day with your family! Thank you for your blog and your dedication to helping others on this journey!

11. Cindy says:

What a wonderful post! Super Happy Birthday to you and thank you for being such a huge (and humble) inspiration to so many of us.

12. KarenJ says:

Happy Birthday Diane! Since my children have flown the coop it seems time is just flying by! Hope you have a awesome day! BTW, I was “thrown” off of yours and Jodie’s blog for no reason. I just realized I wasn’t getting the posts anymore. Does that happen to other people?

What a busy year for you! And matriculating your daughter, that’s an achievement! Love the we puppy and your plans for the upcoming year, it’s great to have goals 🙂

14. John says:

Happy belated birthday. That’s a good idea, writing down what has happened in the last year. May the next year be a great one for all of us in terms of health and fitness and weight.