Recipe: BROCCOLI SOUP
Summary: This is a great fall/winter soup.
- 2 cups chopped fresh or frozen broccoli
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can fat-free evaporated milk
- 1 – 2 tsp. oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, or 2 t. garlic powder
- salt to taste
- Combine broccoli, onion and broth and seasonings
- Simmer for 10 – 15 minutes
- Puree half of the mixture in the blender, and return to saucepan.
- Gradually whisk cornstarch and 3 T milk until smooth.
- Gradually add remaining milk, stir into the broccoli mixture.
- Boil and stir for 2 minutes
Cooking time (duration): 30
Diet (other): Low calorie, Reduced fat
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)