Recipe: Egg White Spinach Omlelet
Summary: Great quick breakfast, filling and delicious
- 3 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon nonfat milk
- 1/2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat shredded sharp cheddar or grated parmesan
- Put egg whites, milk and herbs in a small bowl.
- Mix with a whisk until frothy.
- Meanwhile, heat the skillet on medium heat.
- Add chopped spinach.
- As it wilts, pour egg white mixture over the spinach and allow to set around the edges.
- As the edges set, lift them gently with a spatula and tip the skillet to allow remaining liquid underneath.
- When the egg whites are set, sprinkle the cheese on top, then fold the omelet in half.
- Serve immediately.
Cooking time (duration): 5
Diet type: Vegetarian
Diet (other): Low calorie, Reduced fat, High protein
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)