Recipe: Asian Chicken Noodle Toss
Summary: Great tasting, simple to prepare recipe with an Asian flair
- 4 cups of thinly cut or shredded cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup of peanut butter (creamy is best)
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp chili garlic sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp minced ginger (or powdered)
- 3 tbsp fat free, low sodium chicken broth or water
- 12 ounces linguine
- 2 carrots, grated
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1 small red pepper, cut into small strips
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Boil linguine in a large pot of water until tender (al dente). Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Place linguine in a large bowl.
- While pasta is cooking, blend or process the peanut butter, soy sauce, vinegar, chili garlic sauce, sugar, ginger and broth until smooth.
- Add chicken, carrots, scallions, pepper strips and chopped cilantro to bowl of linguine and toss.
- Pour peanut sauce over the pasta mixture and toss well to coat.
- If sauce is too thick, thin with extra broth or a little water.
My Suggestions: I like to serve with over rice. For a treat we either make or buy fortune cookies and the kids all have fun reading the funny fortunes inside.
Cooking time (duration): 20
Diet (other): Reduced fat
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: Chinese