Recipe: Chicken Pot Pie
Summary: My second daughter has requested this for her birthday dinner for two years in a row.
- 2 cups cooked, diced chicken
- 1 can reduced fat cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup of fat free chicken broth (or make your own)
- 4 boiled eggs (without the yolks if needed)
- 2 cups of veggies (I use corn, peas and carrots)
- 1 cup of fat free bisquick
- 1 1/2 cups of skim milk
- Place chicken in 13″ x 9″ pan.
- Top with sliced boiled eggs and veggies.
- Combine soup and broth.
- Pour over ingredients in casserole pan.
- Combine bisquick and milk, whisk until smooth.
- Pour evenly over top.
- Cook in preheated 375 degree oven until topping is browned, usually 45 – 60 minutes.
Preparation time (duration): 15 minutes
Cooking time: 45 – 60 minutes
Diet (other): Reduced fat, High protein
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (Southern)