Recipe: Fricase’ de Pollo
Summary: Wonderful dish that is packed with flavor. Easy to make ahead and reheats nicely.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (or 3 cups cooked, shredded chicken)
- 3 cans diced tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves,
- diced bay leaves
- 2 t. oregano
- black pepper to taste
- 1/2 c. white cooking wine
- 1 onion, chopped
- 12 green olives
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- salt to taste
There are two ways I do this dish.
- If I am using fresh, raw (not cooked) chicken, I put all the ingredents, including the chicken, in a large Dutch oven on top of the stove.
- I bring it to a boil, and then reduce and simmer for about an hour, or until the chicken is cooked all the way through and tender.
- If I am using chicken I previously cooked and froze, I put all the ingredients – except the cooked chicken – in the pot and simmer them for about an hour until the veggies are tender and yummy.
- Then, I put the cooked chicken in the pot with the cooked veggies for about 15 more minutes until the chicken is heated thoroughly.
Cooking time (duration): 20
Diet (other): Reduced fat, High protein
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: Spanish