Recipe: Garlic Lime Chicken
Summary: This dish, which serves 6, was given to me by my friend Margaret. She suggests serving it with baby carrots, steamed broccoli and a big salad.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3/4 t. salt
- 1/4 t cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/2 t garlic powder
- 1/4 t thyme
- 1 T olive oil
- 2 t garlic powder
- 1/4 t pepper
- 1/8 t paprika
- 1/4 t onion powder
- 1/4 t dried parsley
- 3 T lime juice
- In a small bowl, mix together all the seasonings, except the last measurement of garlic powder and lime juice.
- Dredge chicken breasts in seasoning mix on both sides.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat and saute’ chicken until golden brown, about six minutes on each side.
- Sprinkle with remaining garlic powder and lime juice and cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently to coat evenly with the sauce.
- Serve over rice or noodles.
Calories per serving: 320; % of fat: 26%; 55 g protein
Cooking time (duration): 20
Diet (other): Reduced fat
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)