Recipe: APPLE CRISP
Summary: You can top this with some low fat vanilla ice cream or some fat free cool whip.
- 3 large Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and very thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple juice or apple cider
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup whole-wheat flour
- 2 tbsp butter, cut into tiny pieces
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Placed sliced apples in an 8×8 inch glass baking dish.
- Drizzle with lemon juice.
- Pour all but 2 tbsp of apple juice over sliced apples.
- Whisk oats, brown sugar and flour together.
- Rub butter pieces into oat mixture.
- Sprinkle on top of apples.
- Drizzle remaining apple juice.
- Bake for 35 minutes, until golden and bubbly.
Cooking time (duration): 35
Diet (other): Reduced fat
Meal type: dessert