Recipe: Basil Cream Pasta
Summary: I serve this with a green salad and crusty bread. This serves 4, double it if needed. (I triple it!)
- 6 ounces angel hair pasta
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 12 oz. can fat-free evaporated skim milk
- 1 tablespoon flour 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 T basil, fresh if possible
- 1/4 cup finely grated fresh parmesan cheese
- 2 T finely grated fresh parmesan cheese (for topping)
- Pepper to taste
- 1/2 diced tomato, or can of petite diced tomatoes
- Cook pasta according to directions
- Combine milk and flour and stir until smooth.
- Stir in garlic and basil.
- Cook mixture over medium heat until it is bubbly and starting to thicken up. Don’t let it burn!
- Add peas (thawed) and 1/4 cup parmesan cheese.
- Stir till cheese is melted.
- Add tomatoes.
- Cook sauce 1 minute more.
- Top pasta with sauce and sprinkle each serving with remaining parmesan cheese and freshly ground pepper.
Cooking time (duration): 20
Diet (other): Reduced fat
Culinary tradition: USA (General)