Recipe: Easy Pasta Salad
Summary: We often serve this for dinner in the summer with muffins and a fresh cut watermelon. Even the little guys like this one. Sometimes I will add some dried Italian seasoning and garlic powder for an extra kick of flavor.
- 1 box tri-colored rotini
- 1/2 bottle fat free Italian dressing (I like Wish Bone)
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 bunch broccoli, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped or 1 can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 cucumber, peeled and cut into bite sized chunks
- 2 carrots, diced or shredded
- Prepare pasta according to directions on package
- When done, drain and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process, drain again
- Put in serving bowl, and add vegetables.
- Pour dressing over top of pasta and vegetables.
- Toss well and chill for at least 4 hours.
Cooking time (duration): 20
Chilling time: 4 hours
Diet (other): Low calorie, Reduced fat
Meal type: dinner or lunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)