Recipe: Cucumber Tomato Salad
- 4 roma or vine ripe tomatoes
- 1 medium cucumber
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar (or fat-free balsamic vinegar dressing)
- 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil (optional)
- 1/4 tsp sugar 2 tsp chopped fresh basil or dry
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Slice tomatoes and cucumber thinly and place in a medium bowl.
- Combine vinegar, oil and sugar to make dressing (or omit this step and use bottled fat free balsamic dressing)
- Drizzle over sliced tomatoes and cucumber.
- Toss, then sprinkle with chopped basil.
- Refrigerate until serving time, or serve promptly.
Cooking time (duration): 15
Diet (other): Low calorie, Reduced fat
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)