Recipe: Healthy Caesar Salad
Summary: These salads can be really high in calories at a restaurant due to the dressing. Make your own and you will be good to go!
- 1 large head of romaine lettuce, torn
- 2 cups chopped, cooked, skinless chicken breast (optional)
- 1 cup fat-free or low fat croutons
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
1/3 cup plain non-fat yogurt, drained (or fat-free mayonnaise)
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 tsp olive oil
1 tsp white wine vinegar
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp anchovy paste (optional)
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 garlic clove, crushed
- Place torn lettuce in serving bowl.
- Add croutons and cheese.
- Add chicken if you are using.
- Drizzle dressing over and toss until coated.
- You can also use pepper to taste.
Cooking time (duration): 10 minutes (not including cooking chicken, if using)
Diet (other): Low calorie, Reduced fat
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)