Recipe: FAVORITE CHILI
Summary: This is our favorite chili. All the kids like it, and they sometimes will add grated cheddar cheese and sour cream to the top of it. I usually abstain from those additions, but if you use them – use them sparingly!
- 2 cans of red kidney beans, rinsed and drained or kidney beans you cook yourself from dried
- 2 green peppers, coarsely chopped
- 2 onions, coarsely chopped
- 2 14 oz. cans diced tomatoes (I use fresh tomatoes when in season)
- 2 T. chili powder
- 1-2 t. cumin
- Place into crock pot, stir once and put lid on.
- Simmer on low for 4 hours.
Cooking time (duration): 4 hours