Recipe: VEGETABLE SOUP
Summary: This serves 6 hungry people
- 7 cups water
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, sliced
- 1 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chicken bouillon powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon curry powder (optional)
- 1 stalk celery, chopped 3/4 cup cauliflower or broccoli
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried dill weed
- In a large cooking pot, measure water, add onions, carrots, potatoes, tomatoes, chicken bouillon powder, black pepper, and curry powder.
- Boil for 20 minutes or until carrots are tender.
- Add chopped celery, cauliflower or broccoli, florets, and dill weed, and cook an additional 10 to 15 minutes.
- If soup is too thick, add more water and bring to boil.
- Adjust seasonings to taste.
Cooking time (duration): 45
Diet type: Vegetarian
Diet (other): Low calorie, Reduced fat
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)