Recipe: Mexican Bean Wrap
Summary: Serve with additional salsa and fat free sour cream if desired.
- 1 (16 ounce) can vegetarian refried beans
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 6 (8- to 10-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- Cherry tomatoes, quartered (optional)
- Mix beans, salsa and chili powder in 1-quart saucepan.
- Heat over medium heat about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until warm.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup bean mixture onto center of each tortilla; spread slightly.
- Top with lettuce, cheese and tomatoes.
- Fold over sides of tortillas.
Cooking time (duration): 10
Diet type: Vegetarian
Diet (other): Low calorie, Reduced fat, High protein
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: Mexican