Recipe: Brown Rice Veggie Wrap
Summary: This is not just a side dish – this is a meal in and of itself. Serve it with baked pita chips, some fruit salsa and enjoy.
- 1 medium red or green bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 (8 inch) flour tortillas, warmed
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup salsa
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute the red pepper, mushrooms and garlic in oil until tender.
- Add the rice, beans, green onions, cumin, pepper and salt.
- Cook and stir for 4-6 minutes or until heated through.
- Spoon 3/4 cup onto each tortilla.
- Sprinkle with cheese; drizzle with salsa.
- Fold sides of tortilla over filling; serve immediately.
Cooking time (duration): 20
Diet type: Vegetarian
Diet (other): Low calorie, Reduced fat
Meal type: lunch and/or dinner