If you need some ideas for healthy snacks for your children and for yourself, let your kids pick from these easy-to-prepare, good for everyone snacks.
1. Berry Yogurt Parfait: In a small glass or plastic cup, place
2 ounces of vanilla or lemon Greek yogurt. Add a thin layer of fresh or frozen strawberries. Add more yogurt and top with the berries. Finish the parfait off with crunchy, low-fat granola.
2. Whole Wheat English Muffin Pizza: Toast a whole wheat English muffin in your toaster. Remove the muffin from the toaster and spread a thin layer of homemade spaghetti sauce on the English muffin pieces. Sprinkle a bit of mozzarella cheese and top with your child’s favorite vegetables. Place the English muffin in a hot oven for a few minutes to allow the cheese to melt.
3. High protein cheese stick: Wrap a low fat cheese stick with two pieces of sliced, nitrate free deli meat. Kids think this is fun to make themselves and even more fun to eat.
4. Easy Mexican Pizza: Lay a whole wheat flour tortilla on a baking sheet and bake for 5 to 7 minutes until crispy. Add some refried beans, cheddar cheese, and finely chopped tomatoes and peppers. Toast in the oven for another 5 minutes.
5. Shaped Sandwiches: Spread nut butter and all-natural jam onto two pieces of whole wheat bread. Put the sandwich slices together and use a large, shaped cookie cutter to cut out a shaped sandwich your kids will love to eat for lunch or a snack.
6. Healthy Banana Split: Cut a banana in half lengthwise. Top with strawberry slices or blueberries. Let your kids eat the banana with their hands or cut it into smaller pieces.
7. Almond butter and Erewhon Corn Flakes Cereal Snack Balls. Combine almond butter and the Erewhon Corn Flakes in a small bowl. Let your kids mix the two together with their hands. Roll into small balls and roll in crushed Erewhon Graham Crackers. Serve with apple slices.
8. Fun Snack Kabobs: Use a long bamboo skewer, supervising young children carefully. Thread cheese chunks, grapes, and chunks of crispy apples onto the skewers.
9. Cheese Topped Popcorn: Pop popcorn in coconut oil. Top with a bit of grated Parmesan cheese.
10. Healthy Homemade Granola Bars: Make a batch of healthy homemade granola bars and let your kids have a bar for snack. The bars use Erewhon brown rice cereal, honey, almonds, oatmeal, flaxseed, vanilla, and dark chocolate chips.